11

BELLE
° 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 °

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" I yell as loud as I can to no one as I watch the two monkeys fight.

I let out a laugh when of the them kick the referee in the butt. "Belle?"

I pause the YouTube video and look up smiling. "Yes?"

"Are you watching two orangutans fight?" Hunter asks as he enters my room.

"Yes I am, it's so funny! Come watch!" I pat the spot next to my bed, pausing the video so he doesn't miss anything. "Should I start from the beginning?"

When I look up, he's staring at me with a small smile. "Don't worry, I'm gonna leave anyway,"

"Oh," I nod, "practice?"

"No, we're going out to some place with coach,"

I nod, smiling when he sighs about the fact he's going out. "You don't want to go?"

I laugh when he shakes his head and crosses his arms against his chest. "I rather be here with you and watching fucking orangutans fight,"

"I'm sure whatever you guys are doing is going to be fun. And if you're so criminally bored, text me okay? I'll answer obviously. Unless I'm beatboxing for money, then I'm not sure I'll be able to answer,"

He nods, "You're too talented,"

I sigh dramatically, "so they say,"

I get up from my bed and leave my room, Hunter following me. "When are you guys supposed to meet up?"

He looks at his watch then frowns. "Six minutes ago,"

"Hunter!" I screech, "You're late!" I turn him around, my hands on his back as I push him toward the door.

I grin, "Damn, I'm strong," he stops walking and I crush into his back. "What was that for? I was channeling my inner boxing self, you're my warmup,"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah! Oh. Not like that though, you know,"

"I know what you meant Belle,"

I show him a pathetic thumbs up. "Bye Belle,"

"Bye Grumpy!" I close the door on him, a few seconds later my phone dings with a message.

Hunter 👰: i miss u.

Me: Hi! Who's this?

I'm laughing evilly when I walk back into my room, my smile fading when I get a call from the hospital. My grandmas hospital.

I answer immediately, my nerves spiking. "Hello?"

"Is this Belle Huxley?"

"Yes," I say, voice shaking.

"There's been an incident,"

∞ ₒ ˚ ° 𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞

I'm panicking, I'm crying and I can't breathe. I dont have a car so I caught an Uber to the hospital which was two hours away.

I dont know if my grandma is okay, I don't know anything.

My heart hurts, my whole body hurts. "Are you okay?" My driver asks.

"Mhm," I say shakily, dropping cash in front of the driver, thanking him hurriedly.

I rush into the hospital, into the elevator and onto the level my grandma is on. She's alone. She doesn't have her daughter, I'm the closest thing to a daughter she has.