𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

minyoung's thoughts - italic

narrator - normal

"Oh, Rei? She went to the nearby bakery shop! She says that she wants to taste the rumored best macarons in Paris! You know, Tom and Sabine's Boulangerie?"

"Hmm...I might take a visit...but not before filling my stomach." He quickly ate some of his portions and rushed out of his Aunt's house. "I'll be back before lunch!" He yells before going out.

Minyoung walks to the bakery in the distance. The teen looks up at the sky. It's a brand new day. He arrives at the bakery and is suddenly hit by the strong smell of freshly baked pastries. Minyoung quickly took notice of his sister at a table conversing with someone and approaches her.

Rei seems to be talking to someone. She notices him and smiles at the person she's talking to. "Oh, there he is!" Minyoung is then dragged by his sister to the table. "Marinette, this is my brother. Minyoung this is Marinette! She's the daughter of the renowned owners of the bakery. Their pastry here is so good, you should try one!" The other Jae sibling rambles on.

"Nice to meet you, Marinette." Minyoung makes a small smile for her. He offers his hand to shake, but the said girl seems to be awestruck. The blunette is stuttering unable to form a coherent sentence.

"I-I-I'm Minyoung! I mean- You too, Minyoung! Nice to meet you!" She awkwardly laughs trying to somehow cover up her mistake. Minyoung maintains his smile, trying now to make it more awkward than ever. Marinette eagerly shakes his hand up and down.

Is this girl okay?

"So uh, no offense brother but what are you doing here? I thought that you'd be somewhere else?" The other Jae sibling rolls his eyes. "Why, is it so wrong for me to be here? Besides, I'm just checking out this place. It looks nice, your mom and dad have great tastes in decoration Marinette."

"T-t-thank you..." Marinette sighs dreamily with a look of infatuation on her face. But she quickly snaps out of it and gets herself together. To look less embarrassing than she already was. "I-I mean, thank you! I helped my parents design the logo for our shop." Rei looks at her weirdly. Why is she acting like this now?

"So, Minyoung have you come here just to chat?" She takes a bite out of her macaron.

"Well, I didn't come here for nothing now did I?" He stands up to order something, but Marinette stops him. "No no no! I-I'll get it for your Minyoung, it's on the house! Since well you just moved here and you're so- I mean, you don't need to pay for the first time you come here! Be right back!" She quickly dashes off to the kitchen.

"...That was..."

"...Yeah. Weird." He clears his throat for a second. "So, did you read Mom's letter?" Minyoung asked his sister. Rei took a deep breath and nods, a small frown drawn on her face.

"...I don't like to think about it much but, it still bothers me at this point. Why won't they tell anything about it?"

"No clue either. And don't you think that the divorce is just...very out of the blue? It's just- seemed impossible for it to happen."

"Yeah. I know-"

As soon as possible, Marinette comes back from the kitchen with a white box full of different pastries and presents it to the teenage boy. "Here Minyoung, for you." The said boy is overwhelmed. It's nice for the blunette to gift him freshly baked goods, but this over the top kind of welcome. "Uhh...thank you so much! I had breakfast today and I'm still stuffed, so I'll be eating this at home. Is that alright?" Minyoung smiles keeping the polite tone of his voice and the smile on his face. He wants to refuse it's rude primarily to decline a gift, even so, free food.