Mixed feelings chapter 83: Call me

(Kailey's thoughts;) "DAMN IT.. I PANICKED AND HUNG UP.. HOW DID SHE EVEN FIND OUT THAT IT WAS ME? ..WAIT.. LET'S NOT OVERTHINK THIS.. I MEAN.. I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON WITH THE NAME KAILEY.. so.. yea, there's no way."
*Doorbells rings*
"Welcome back, Ty-" says Kailey as she opens the door.
"Huh..? Ty? ..is he coming?" questions Lo.
(Kailey's thoughts;) "Shit.. Lo usually knocks..!"
"..Lo, what are you doing here?" questions Kailey as she leans against the door.
"I live here.." says Lo as she raises an eyebrow before walking inside.
"L- let me help you with those bags." says Kailey as she takes the bags from Lo's hands.
"Thanks.. I just decided to do some quick groccery shopping." says Lo. "But, you.. you expected someone else, didn't you?" she adds.
"Uhh.. what are you talking about? ..of course not." says Kailey as she looks away.
"You're a bad liar whenever you get nervous." says Lo as she lets out some laughter. "..Then what'd you call me 'Ty' for?" she adds.
"SO, WHAT DID YOU PICK UP FROM THE MALL?" spouts Kailey as she opens the big bag.
*silence.*
"Is that Ty's phone?" questions Lo as she crosses her arms.
"What..? where?" questions Kailey as she looks around.
"In your hand..? ..I've already seen it there's no point in hiding it behind your back now." says Lo with a grin on her face.
"OK.. OK. FINE.." spouts Kailey anxiously. "This is Ty's.." she adds as she shows the phone.
"Which means either one of the two possibilities happened." says Lo as she tilts her head to the side. "He was here and just happened to forget about it or.. YOU STOLE IT." she adds.
"NO, I DID NOT-" spouts Kailey defensively.
*Doorbell rings.*
"That's him right now.." says Kailey as she opens the door.
"I got the snacks." says Ty as he holds a bag in front of Kailey.
"Hey Ty." says Lo.
"Hey." says Ty politely.
"Thanks for the snacks, bye." says Kailey as she attempts to shuts the door.
"Wait." says Ty firmly.
"What is it?" questions Kailey.
"I also got.. these.." says Ty as he rubs the back of his neck. "Did I get the right ones?" he adds.
"OH, UHM.." mumbles Lo as she takes a glance at the pack of period pads. "I'm just.. gonna go upstairs. Call me if you need me I'd say." she adds.
(Kailey's thoughts;) "As much as I appreciate this.."
"No. You stay. Ty goes." says Kailey firmly.
"But.. we're friends, right?" questions Ty.
"Mhm.. and here's your phone." says Kailey as she passes the phone over.
"Oh, I was wondering where I left it.." says Ty as he takes the phone.
"Yea.. thanks for everything, but I'm doing just fine." says Kailey with a forced smile on her face. "See you tomorrow." she adds before closing the door.
(Lo's thoughts;) "He's a keeper."
"You're on your period right?" questions Kailey. "You can use these." she adds as she walks into the living room.
"..I've got so many questions." says Lo as she follows after Kailey.
*Meanwhile, at the studio.*
"You were here that entire time?" questions gunner as he takes a seat onto the couch.
"Yea.. my phone died." says Kameron as he remains focused on the piece of paper in front of him.
"It's alright.." says Colt as he leans back on the couch. "Did you forget about prom?" he adds.
"..Nah." says Kameron. "I've just got lots of other things on my mind right now." he adds.
"I see.." mumbles Colt. "But, you're aware of who's going, right?" he adds.
"Jay and Devon." says Kameron almost immediately.
"Ty as well.. with the goth." says Gunner.
"Good for them.." says Kameron as he writes some lyrics down. "I'll be right here. Writing lyrics." he adds.
(Gunner's thoughts;) "With the amount of lyrics he's written.. he could make a ton of new music."
"..Colt is going as well.. with Lo." says Gunner as he averts his eyes to Kameron.
*silence.*
(Kameron's thoughts;) "Yea.. he's trying to get a reaction out of me for sure."
"Might as well say that you're going too." says Kameron.
"I am." says Colt as he shuts his eyes.
"Figured." says Kameron as he spins on the desk chair.
"What made you change your mind?" questions Gunner as he turns his head to Kameron.
"Who are you going with?" questions Kameron.
"Don't avoid my question." says Gunner with a smirk on his face.
"I guess the only reason I'm going is because I don't want to be the only one that didn't show." says Kameron as he rubs the back of his neck.
"So.. what actually made you change your mind?" questions gunner.
"What's the point in asking me the same question twice when I've already answered it?" questions Kameron irritably.
"I'll keep asking until I'm satisfied with your answer." says Gunner almost immediately.
"I never lied." says Kameron as he averts his eyes to Colt.
"I never said you did either." says Colt.
"And I never stated that I wouldn't go.. I'm just saying that I have other things on my mind." says Kameron as he rests his head onto his palm.
"Tell me whatever I need to hear and I'll leave it alone." says Gunner.
(Kameron's thoughts;) "I knew that I should've gone home instead."
"..I changed my mind because.." says Kameron hesitantly.
*phone rings.*
"Continue." says Colt.
"What if it's monette calling you?" questions Kameron.
"What about her?" questions Gunner. "I mean.. it's probably not even that important." he adds.
"Even if you don't think it is, it'd still be an opportunity for you to ask her to prom." says Kameron as he picks up the piece of paper.
*silence.*
"Of all people.." mumbles Colt as he lets out a deep sigh.
"You won't regret it." says Kameron firmly.
"How do you know?" questions Colt.
"I just do.. now, do yourself a favor and pick up the phone." says Kameron. "It's been ringing for a minute now." he adds.
"..I'll be right outside the door." says Gunner.
"Just go man." says Kameron irritably.
*outside, on the phone.*
"Hey..!" spouts Monette.
"You and me, prom in 3 weeks." says Gunner firmly.
"Wow.. you're so unoriginal." says Monette.
"What?" says Gunner as he raises an eyebrow. "Is that a no?" he adds.
"You and me, prom." says Monette. "I'll go." she adds.
"Alright.. don't wear anything too flashy." says Gunner as he leans against the door. "Any color but grey." he adds.
"Not too flashy, noted." says Monette. "Wait.. why can't I wear grey?" she adds.
"Don't ask me any questions. Let's meet up at your house soon." says Gunner.
"Sure.." says Monette. "I'll be sending you my address." she adds.
"I'm hanging up now." says Gunner.
"WAIT, UHM.. the reason I called is because I wanted to ask you something.. but, only if you don't mind.." says Monette nervously.
"I'm not stopping you." says Gunner.
"I mean.. you could hang up any second if you felt like it, so I highly doubt that." says Monette as she lets out some laughter.
"I'm willing to hear you out." says Gunner firmly.
*silence.*
"..That's.. nice to hear.." says Monette.
"What is it?" questions Gunner.
(Monette's thoughts;) "I.. already forgot what I even called him for to begin with.."
"Hurry it up I'm at the studio right now." says Gunner irritably.
"..Well, uhm.. is it really okay for me to be your date at prom?" questions Monette curiously.
"..Why wouldn't it be?" questions Gunner as he raises an eyebrow.
"Well, I don't go to school there.." says Monette.
"But, you're with me." says Gunner confidently.