Chapter One: Prologue

"Clarke Griffin, Mr. Woods wants to see you, and discuss about something with you. He's in his office." Clarke glanced up to where she heard someone spoke she saw a woman who was peeking through the open door of the waiting room, who just now opened the door and entered the waiting room where Clarke was waiting.

Clarke gave her a soft smile and a nod which the woman immediately nodded at her in return. Clarke quickly stood up and turned her phone off, she putted all her things in her bag and closed the zipper of her bag before turning her head towards the woman.

"Okay. I'll be going now, thankyou." Clarke fixed the clothes she was wearing before she walked up to Mr. Woods' office. The woman nodded and she gave her a soft wryly smile. The woman mumbled a 'goodluck to her' Clarke nodded with a smile and they bid their good byes. The woman turned her back and started walking to a different direction.

If Clarke was not mistaken, the woman is probably Mr. Woods' secretary. The woman probably had documents that she had escorted to Mr. Woods' office before she called her, the documents was from the other building where Mr. Woods' daughter was handling. That's surely one of the reason why the woman was in the main building depsite being Mr. Woods' secretary.

The Woods family is a wealthy family who has a successful and famous business. They have two daughters which she have never met, because the Woods sisters are at a boarding school in a different country that time; and she only had heard stories from her father, as her father was business partners with Mr. Woods. She had always wanted to meet them since she was a kid, but she couldn't.

At some point Clarke got busy with school so she kinda got over it, but she wasn't totally over it. She just got distracted by things. She was a top student at her school and she will be tugging along with her best friend, Raven on parties every friday nights on school days.

Recently Clarke heard that the Woods sister came back, and can now finally stay here permanently and Clarke was edging to meet them. Clarke's father, Jake Griffin, didn't really tugged Clarke along their business life, though sometimes he teaches her about their company so she will be fully aware of that. She was grateful for that. Jake Griffin, just wanted Clarke to have a normal life like any other kids have. He wanted Clarke to enjoy her childhood first, and to be the best father that she could ever wished for.

These past few months her mother, Abigail Griffin who was the best doctor in their town suggested that Clarke needs to learn on how she would take over the company in the future. Clarke didn't agreed upon her mother, she wasn't ready yet. She had just graduated college. Clarke wants to experience working on her own for the mean time, she doesn't want to depend on her parents for the rest of her life until her last breath. She doesn't want them to be constantly spending money on her apartment she's been living for the past two and a half years now. Abby, however didn't agree to that. Of course she won't.

Clarke had begged her father to give her a few more months to experience working on her own and not work for their company. Jake agreed, there's still Abby who's disappointed at her husband for allowing Clarke. Clarke did everything just for her mother to agree, and finally. Abby finally agreed to Clarke's suggestion. But, there was a catch. Of course there was, it was her mother after all. What did she expect? Clarke needs to learn some basics at the company first before wandering off trying to experiencing new things, for God's sake. Clarke was ecstatic.

One day, when she was with her dad at their company when she was there because of the catch of her mother. Mr. Woods came and had a meeting with her father, after that he told Jake and Clarke that her daughter was trying to find a secretary or a personal assistant, or even both. Mr. Woods offered to Clarke, since he knew she was looking for a job of some sort. Clarke immediately agreed and went home with a smile that lasted for hours as she told her mom about what happend.