Chapter 3 - New Home, Stricter Rules

----

I really didn't expect so much support already and people actually enjoy the story already! Thank you for 4K reads!! <3

For those who might be confused, the following chapters (including this one) will be a flashback to all the events that occurred during MC's cohabitation with Leon. In two words, we're going six months back. XD

----

- Day One -

| 20 August 2006 | 12:21 P.M |

You run. You run as fast as you can. Your heart is ready to burst from your chest, the adrenaline pumping through your veins, giving you all the speed and strength you need to escape. Your quick, heavy breathing echoes in exhaustion, as tears of desperation roll down your cheeks.

-

Closing the lid, he jerks the water from his hands, before looking at his reflection in the mirror. Using the remained dampness on his palms, he smoothly sweeps back his hair, adding to its sleekness. His white shirt, with a few buttons undone at the top revealing glimpses of his chest and sleeves casually rolled up, showcasing his muscular forearms. The grey vest highlights his broad shoulders beautifully, adding a touch of elegance to his attractive appearance.

-

A broken handcuff is hugging your bruised wrist, your skin filthy, and parts of your clothing hang ripped.

You try to understand how did this happen. You try to figure out, what was the reason behind this. What part could you possibly play in this goddamn mess, and become a target, when you haven't done anything wrong?

-

Next, he adjusts his shoulder holster and delicately loosens his red tie. Lastly, he reaches and wipes his hands on a towel before exiting the bathroom. Stepping into the combined living room and kitchenette, he notices the emptiness, the untouched coffee pot, and the slightly ajar bedroom door.

Wasting no time, his heavy steps begin to approach, each thud growing louder towards the dark room.

-

Your breathing grows heavier, your sobs louder and you become more hopeless to find a trusting individual, but the chances to do so are now growing thin...because upon reaching the empty highway, all you can hear is your mother's broken pleas to get spared, and agonizing screams, calling out for you.

It's your fault. It's only your fault.

-

"Wake up, Ms. Hayes," A muscular voice faintly echoes, dragging you from the terrifying vivid images of the dream you just had for another night. The light switch flicks on, and the brightness of the light pierces inside your bedroom.

With a tired hum, you roll to your side, rubbing your eyes tiredly as you gradually push yourself upright on the bed. Blinking your eyes open, you expect to see Ryan or Carlos, but instead, your gaze meets Leon. He stands in the doorway, one hand resting on the light switch and the other on the door handle, his expression clearly displaying his not-so-hidden irritation.

"It's already noon," he firmly states, walking towards the balcony door to open it.

"I'm up, I'm up..." you murmur, voice hoarse from the sleep as you tiredly blink.