Visitors

Mel  smiled, leaning into Spock as she watched the visitors, Captain Pike and Commander Chin Riley, dote over their new crew members. Pike had welcomed the babies aboard and congratulated the new parents as Una made faces at the babies. Spock was holding his Wife closely. His eyes never leaving his daughters. Mel glanced up at him. "Are you ok?" She asked softly.
"Hm?" He asked, his attention shifting toward her.
"I asked if you were ok," she said said softly.  He nodded. "I am," he replied, looking up at Pike and Riley.  "I cannot keep my eyes off of them," he said quietly, his head inclining towards his daughters.
Pike smiled with a nod, he was a father himself and understood what his science officer was going through. His own daughter was excited about the new babies. She was upset that she couldn't come see them.
But Mel and Spock wanted to keep visitors at a minimum. Especially since one of them had had breathing problems, along with other problems. Mel watched their children as the babies soaked in the attention that they were getting from the adults. She smiled as exhaustion gave way  to over exhaustion. She placed her hand on Spock's arm, holding him as she listened  to her children cooed . She was careful not to break her stitches open. Spock was also making sure that she was being careful.