Boggart

Harry potter was panicking. He didn't know what his fear was. As he watched Ron face a giant spider he kept debating the issue internally. Would it be a dementor? Voldemort? His mother dying? He didn't want to be surprised. But he was shook from his thoughts as he realized he was at the front of the line. He approached the wardrobe slowly, the boggart had retreated in embarrassment. He watched from the corner of his eye as Professor Lupin readied himself to jump in the way should his boggart be too much to handle. He vaguely heard all of his class mates mutter as they wondered what the boy-who-lived was afraid of. The door creaked open and Harry stiffened as he saw the spidery fingers wrap around the edge of the door. A handsome teen with wavy black hair, deep brown eyes and an aristocratic face stepped out of the darkness. Everyone looked confused, wondering why Potter would be so afraid of a mere boy. Harry stared wide eyed as Tom walked almost lazily over to him. The boggart grabbed Harry's chin and chuckled slightly. "So much like me"

Harry glared at this statement. "I'm nothing like you!" He defended heatedly. The older boy merely quirked an elegant eyebrow before replying. "Nothing? Is that so? Hmm, let me think. Both raised by disgusting muggles, both subjected to the old fool's manipulations, both half-bloods, both parselmouths and let's not forget. True slytherin's in the heart." Tom smirked triumphantly as Harry paled and dropped eye contact. "You could be great you know" the taller boy began as he paced in circles around Harry. "You could join my side. Be my heir, be my equal. Become as powerful as me and we could rule the wizarding world with an iron fist"

The class shrank away from the strange boy. Scared of what they had heard yet still curious as to his identity.

Harry shook his head, "I would never join you. You're cruel, heartless, manipulative and you tortured innocents. You nearly killed Ginny and you succeeded with my parents!"

The class gasped then stared at the teenage Voldemort with fear and slight awe. Tom barely even gave a glance at the fearful students, his focus solely on the boy before him. His brown eyes bled crimson until no trace of the brown remained.

"Such defiance, your parents would have been proud. I am truly sorry and I would love to make it up to you" he said softly with a sincere look.

Harry just stared back obviously not convinced. The class shivered when the young Voldemort began speaking in parseltongue,

~I could teach you anything you wish, I could give you ultimate power, I would let you rule with me until the end of time, immortality~

"No" That word made Tom's eyes widen before a shout of Riddikulus cause him to turn into a small black book.

Harry lowered his shaking hand and put his wand back in his pocket before trudging over to go sit in a desk.

"Everyone has to die one day Tom" he whispered.

The class remained frozen until Professor Lupin shooed them out by saying the lesson was over.