Chapter 31 - Shampoo

*content warning: none*
If you come across a trigger that wasn't listed, let me know. Stay safe.
Chapter 31- Shampoo

Harry's P.O.V.

I can't help but smile as I tangle my fingers through her small hands. Her head rests on my chest, her eyes closed and heart shaped lips barely parted as she sleeps peacefully.

We're laying on her living room floor, my back against the couch and my legs spread out in front of me.

Julia sits between my legs, her back against my chest, her head resting on the front of my shoulder.

Something in my stomach flutters delicately when she stirs, barely turning her head to bury her face in the crook of my neck. This is the first time in an eternity she's slept normally.

Ever since the day I'd found her asleep outside the school one month ago, she hasn't been the same.

Nowadays I often come to school to see her dozing off in her chair, sleepless and tear filled nights etched into the puffy rings under her eyes.

Every once in a while I receive another late night call for comfort, once in a blue moon, a quivering plea to come over. She does it less often now because she knows it means I have to ask Aunt Jane if I can use the car.

But on those rare occasions, I hardly sleep. I spend much of the night watching her tremble in my arms from the nightmares she refuses to confide in me about. As she lays twitching and whimpering in my arms, I try my best to soothe her. I hum to her, I sway with her in my arms, I try to whisper gentle "I love you"s, but all in vain.

The awful nightmares still continue to plague her mind.

So finally seeing her laying in arms with the long awaited bliss of her sleeping smile, I'm more relieved than she will be when she awakes.

The school year is a little over two months from being over, this semester far better than any others in the past now that she's here with me.

As I feel her eyelids flutter against my throat, I can't help but wonder what dreams dance behind her eyelids.

Does she dream the same things I do? Does she dream of a long and carefree life with the person she loves most? Does she dream of her knowledge this isn't just going to be another high school sweetheart story? Does she dream of waking up to the smile of the one who loves her more than anything or anyone else in the world?

Does she dream about me?

As I watch her, I can't help but think over all the daydreams I've experienced.

I can see them now, the sizzling of bacon as warm sunlight peeks through the curtains. Her thin arms winding around my waist as I feel her face nuzzle into my back.

The shared "I love you"s and kisses and embraces and laughs together.

I can't help but love the idea of her love.

"Mm..." I hear the soft hum drifting from her parted lips. The daydreams dance away from my mind as I come to look back at the beautiful girl in my arms. Her eyes are half open, a sleepy smile on her face.

"Hello, my love..." I murmur, warmth bubbling through me when her smile widens.

"Hi..." She sighs happily, her head resting in my neck.

"How long have I been asleep?" She mumbles, her tiny fists rubbing at her tired eyes, her nose crinkling up.

I barely shrug in reply, wrapping my arms around her waist to lift her a little. My hips ache slightly from being sprawled apart so far and I eagerly bring them back together, setting her back in my lap.