11

Le update - Enjoy Xx
Alex's PoV
🖤

My wolf is enraged, hair flared and stalking back and forth as though stalking his prey. He's on edge, something he tends to be a lot of the time, his emotions spiralling the moment anything happens.

It's like...when something good happens, he's wagging his tail like the happiest little shit, but the second someone says something that annoys him, I'm falling into an uncontrollable rage.

He's gone wild and it's affecting me more than it should. I cannot be so hot and cold, that's not what a good leader is. My father was never like this, he would never approve of such behaviour.

I need to be better.

"...to the border. From there, they travelled South where they found their bodies, slaughtered," Dom finishes.

He hasn't been back to full time work since his son was born, but he came in now because someone came knocking on his door about half an hour ago shouting like a madman. One of our sentries was out in the Gap and came across a bloodied and deserted camp.

Dom wasn't pleased but went with them to investigate where they tracked their scents until they stumbled across the bodies from the camp. Or at least what was left of them.

They'd been torn limb from limb. Legs hanging in branches, blood sprayed across boughs and fingers littering the bushes. A true bloodbath.

"How many?" I ask, rubbing the sleep from my eye. My wolf snarls, not tired in the slightest as we listen to the brutal outcome of this attack.

"Four adults," Dom began, taking a momentary pause. His eyes drop to the floor with a solemn expression, "and three...three young children."

I would ask how young but I know I don't want to know the answer.

One of the few laws that all of our kind follows, no matter our allegiance or standing, is that we protect pups from harm. Pups, children, whatever the species, we do not kill the young.

"See to it that their bodies are burned," I decide, sending two of the guards from the office to follow my orders, "Dom, I'm sure you wish to return to Summer—"

"I do," he agrees, "but I want to know if my mate and pups are safe first."

"You do not believe they are?" I lean back in my chair, resting my elbow on the arm and toying with my bottom lip.

"These attacks are getting closer," Dom moves to perch on the chair opposite my desk, "They have yet to occur within Pack territory, but until we know what or who is orchestrating them, we have to assume they're not going to stop at the border."

"Our guards along the perimeter have been doubled in this area, you know this," I reason. He was also the one who trained these guys, he's aware of their abilities and what they're capable of, "And, if you follow the trend of the attacks," I move the map in front of me, spinning it so that he can see, "they're moving past Pack territory and seem to be travelling towards here."

"The Villages," Dom sighs, rubbing his forehead. "How are we going to support them?"

"I have made Bianca aware of the situation," I move back to sit properly, "but there is only so much I can do. The humans wanted their freedom and I have given it to them, I am no longer here to rule over them."

I know I oversee the overall ruling of these lands as their appointed King, but I am not first hand ruling each individual Pack or species. The humans are now on their own, it's up to them to sustain themselves and manage their resources. I am here for advice and support, not to be a step by step guide for them.