Chapter Sixteen: Devour

Not Proof Read, So Sorry For Any Mistakes

"We don't have to go if this makes you uncomfortable," I tell May after I pull her off to the side, she was still blushing and something in me was rumbling with satisfaction, knowing that I made her flustered. It made me feel accomplished, in a way. Like just maybe I affected her just as much as she affected me.

"I already bought the ticket." She held up the piece of paper and it waved back and forth from the movement of her hand, she blushed even harder refusing to meet my eyes. She looks embarrassed and I should make this into any bigger deal than she feels like it is but I couldn't stop myself from commenting.

I crouch down so that I can see her eyes and I grab her upper arms something giddy turning over inside of my stomach, feeling like a seventeen-year-old, sneaking around, again. "Do you want to sit on my lap, May?"

I was teasing, of course, I was teasing but I was also dying to hear her say yes. Dying to know she craved my touch in the way I craved hers, even if neither of us would admit it to ourselves or each other. I didn't think it was possible but her cheeks grew a shade darker contrasting greatly with her pale skin.

"Of course not." She stammered out before saying, "I mean not that I don't ..." She took a deep breath and I laughed at her sudden rambling. May, rambling, something I thought I would never see. When I met the woman she wouldn't even utter one word to me now she seems to have too many to get out at one time.

"I'm just teasing." I let go of her and we follow the rest of the group into the room where the movie has already started. I'm not even sure what we were watching, I knew I wouldn't be able to focus on it anyways with May in my lap. Every seat was full except the four at the very top, moving quietly as possible one by one we got situated in our seats.

The girls shuffled past my legs as they sat down on the men next to me. Soon it was just May standing there looking down at me with her indecisive eyes. She almost looked like she was about to book it out of there but we had already made it this far. I could tell she wanted to sit down she was just consumed with irrational fears, she needed to get familiar with a man's touch again.

Or at least that's what I was telling myself when I grabbed her hips and sat her down gently on my lap, my breath instantly growing quicker. The feeling of her warm skin soaking through our clothes quicker than I could have anticipated, making all of this overwhelming and spectacular simultaneously.

She was stiff against me, so to make her feel more comfortable I scooted as far back in the seat so I could lean back and drew her back to my chest. My arms circled her waist so she wouldn't slip from my lap. I've held May before. 

I've held her at night when she couldn't sleep because of nightmares but this was different. Then I was so consumed with worry for her, I didn't let my mind wander to where it is wondering today.

She felt so good. Too good.

I looked down and I had the perfect view of her neck and slightly exposed cleavage. Before I could talk myself out of it I leaned down and pressed a very gentle kiss to the skin right below her ear. I intended to stop there and pull away but the small sigh that came from her mouth made me want more. I went a little further down and pressed another kiss to the soft flesh that seemed to be doing all of the right and wrong things to my little shadow.

My blood was pumping and I shifted from the sheer excitement of her. She was making my body fight itself. I ripped my lips away from her and pushed my head back against the headrest of the seat.

I breathed in and out until I was back in control of myself. 

I

could

devour

her.

... and that scared me because I have never experienced these emotions to this extent. Her body against mine made me feel like a new man. I didn't feel as broken when she was curled up on my lap, my mind was right here in the moment instead of roaming around.

I pull her closer to me and she rests the back of her head against my shoulder. I peak at the people beside us and I find my brother staring at me with the slightest smirk on his face. Had he seen all of that?

I look back at the screen, the movie the last thing on my mind.

~.~.~.~

The next morning I woke up sandwiched between May and Archer. May had fallen asleep on the way home and I tucked her into my bed so Archer could have the couch because he was spending the night over. I guess he had a nightmare considering he was currently curled into a ball facing the wall, it was pretty crowded but I couldn't complain, in fact, a small grin took over my features.

I was loving every minute of this, this was my safe spot. Helping the two most important people in the world to me get a good night's sleep put a sense of purpose into me that I needed.

 So I did the only appropriate thing to do at this moment. I threw one arm under May's head and another under Archers, pulling them into me.

They stirred slightly before their eyes fluttered open they both seemed surprised. "Good morning." I grinned cheekily at both of them.

May eyed Archer quickly before tucking her face into my armpit, hiding her reddening cheeks.

Then Archer did something I would have never thought he would have done and I have conflicted emotions about it. Not because I was jealous, but because this was an old tradition that I thought for sure was dead.

He reaches over me and pinches her side playfully. She shrieks and snaps her gaze back to him looking at him like he's lost his mind. All he does is do it again, bombarding laughter takes over the room. 

May pushes herself away from me trying to escape but I pull her back, "No you don't." I say chirpily, everything aligning right in the world.

She thrashes under my brother's tickles, losing her breath. Finally, Archer stops, his laughter becoming too much to hold in.

"I got work." He says before standing up and slipping the shoes he discarded on the floor at the end of the bed on. "You two behave." He smirks at me before leaving quickly. Once he leaves May uncurls herself from my side glancing up at me a smile still taking hold of her face.

"That's everything to me." I reach out and run my thumb over her smile causing it to grow wider.

"Do you have to work today?" She asks her eyebrows scrunching together, hope evident in them. I hated to disappoint her so I quickly come up with a solution.

"I do." Her face drops with disappointment so I quickly add. "But you can come with me."

Her smile was back at full force and she stood up quickly. "I've got to get ready."

I lay there for a minute longer just soaking in the first good morning I've had in months. Everything was getting back to normal and May was filling a hole in not only my life but as I could tell this morning, Archers as well. Which isn't entirely healthy but I couldn't bring myself to care.

This chapter is little shorter then usual but I've been sick and it's what I could manage to put together, so I hope you enjoy it <3