Chapter Twelve

I looked at myself in my new military uniform

I looked at myself in my new military uniform. It was surreal to see myself like this but I don't know. Weirdly, it fit me so well. Maybe I should've chosen to go to military school when I had the chance to. Oh well, at least I am here and rocking the uniform. I bet Chun-ho was going to love the look on me. I smiled to myself before handing the mirror I was holding back to Ha-na who was waiting impatiently.

"Chill, Ha-na. I'm not gonna break it." I joked with a smile on my face, seeing her check the mirror for any scratches.

Ha-na looked up at me, "You broke my sunglasses over the summer. I haven't forgiven you." She retorted, making me rub the back of my neck in embarrassment.

"I said I was sorry for that. You can't hold it against me. I'm your best friend." I said, whining a bit as I playfully hit her shoulder.

Ha-na sighed and smiled at me, "You're lucky you're so cute."

I smiled at her and nodded, flipping my hair back. "Mi-na." I heard, making me look over at Yoo-Jung, "Chi-yeol is looking for you."

I nodded and smiled at her, "Okie dokie." I said before leaving the comfort of the tent to walk over to Chi-yeol, who was currently holding onto the camera. "So this is what I was called out for? I was too busy admiring my beauty back there." I said as I folded my arms.

Chi-yeol looked at me and chuckled, "Still don't look threatening to me, Mi-na." He joked as he opened up the camera, "You're meant to be helping me so hurry up." He added as he started to film me.

"Don't worry Chi-yeol. I'm sure Na-ra will be all over you." I joked, seeing him blush. I then waved at the camera with a smile before turning to the tents, "Come out now." I called everyone because I wanted to see how everyone looked.

I watched as everyone left their tent, making me clap my hands as I looked at everyone. It was wild to know that only a few weeks ago, camo would not have been in our wardrobes but here we are now, all rocking the look. I watched as everyone was so excited to show off to the camera as Chi-yeol walked around.

I walked over to Jang-su, smiling at him. This boy could rock anything and I was jealous. I reached up to fix his collar a little bit and smiled, "There you go. Looking handsome as always." I said brightly, "You would've been amazing in the military. Not as a reservist."

Jang-su just shrugged his broad shoulders, "Maybe one day I'll be in the military, like my dad. Right now, I like being around everyone. It's more enjoyable." He said, patting down my hair for me, being gentle. "How's your wrist?"

"Healing. Slowly but it'll be fine." I said, smiling at him before waving at Chi-yeol as he walked over to us, "Hello!" I said brightly.

"Does your mom watch these?" Chi-yeol asked me.

I shrugged, "She watched one of the first ones and decided no more because she didn't like seeing me upset and sore from my shoulder injury. I heard her shouting at Lieutenant Lee for letting me get injured." I said the last part quietly to them both. "Don't think he liked that."