Playing Dirty

Awesome cover on the side by CrazyNidzy

*~*

The mission was a go.

The target was in sight.

Upon closer inspection it was clear he had earphones in his ears, so the only obstacle that remained was his heightened sense of smell. Darn werewolf abilities.

A breeze blew against Julia’s cheek and a satisfied smile spread across her pixie like features. She was downwind, meaning he wouldn’t be aware of her scent until it was too late. Moving stealthily, she made her way to the water hose that lay just a few feet from her unsuspecting victim. She bent down to pick it up and had to hold back a round of giggles. Christopher had no idea what he was in for.

Gripping the hose tightly, she placed her hand on the spray nozzle. There was a moment of weariness because she knew his retaliation wouldn’t be pretty, but the opportunity to catch him unaware was just too hard to resist.

He began to rise and she was paralyzed for a minute while she admired the way his muscles strained with the movement. He was beauty in motion, all raw male masculinity. He lifted a nicely sculpted arm and wiped the sweat from his brow. He hadn’t turned yet, probably admiring the way the newly shined rims of his Dodge Ram gleamed in the sun. She only had a few seconds more to drool before he started to turn her way and it was time for action.

She smiled wickedly once he noticed her and as soon as she saw the horror on his face she squeezed the nozzle and let the full force of water hit him directly in the chest. In no time he was completely soaked. She was laughing so hard her hold on the hose slipped, allowing Christopher to start to make his way towards her. After indulging in one more nicely aimed shot to his face she dropped the hose and ran like the wind, laughing the whole way.

“Jules you are so dead!” he shouted.

She knew that was true. 

Reaching the edge of the driveway she looked left then right. It would be no use running into her house next door, he knew every hiding place possible. Her only option was to go right, straight into the woods. 

Her sneaker clad feet hit the gravel moving as fast as her legs would take her. Once on the grass she risked a look behind her and saw he was just now reaching the edge of his driveway. He looked at her then and the playful glint in his eyes meant trouble. She took a deep breath and pushed herself faster. She knew it was pointless to run, he would catch up to her in no time, but it was the excitement of the chase that kept her moving.

Breathing was becoming difficult, her heart was racing, and her legs were begging to stop. Christopher’s footsteps were right on her heels now but she could see the clearing up ahead and knew she was feet away from the lake. If she could just make it there she had a chance of getting away. She would be able to weave her way between the rocks there till she reached the other side. Christopher’s big frame would slow him down giving her just enough time to make another break for it.

Just as she reached the opening in the trees and spotted her safe haven, a large body tackled her. Christopher expertly twisted their positions so instead of hitting the hard ground with a thud, she landed on a solid chest. Of course the fall still knocked the wind out of her giving Christopher just the advantage he needed to roll them over and trap her between the strong muscles of his thighs.