V

I held on to Sven's hand as we ran towards the cliff. The motorcycles having been left behind inside a covered cave.

"Hurry!" Marybelle yelled as she stood in between the two worlds. The turqouise forcefield shimmered off by the cliff we were to jump off.

"We're early!" I yelled at her. "Why are we rushing?" I demanded.

"Because this is a big energy investment, and we have better things to do with this portal." She snapped back, her purple wings spread haughtily. "Now run!"

I was tempted to show her exactly how I felt in the form of my two middle fingers in her face but decided against it. In front of me Arias had Torian's hand as they ran against the strong wind pushing us back. Bringing up the rear was Jethro as he ran faster to be alongside Sven and me.

"Jump!" Marybelle instructed. Which was completely unnecessary because our feet had already left the cliff as we leapt in the air. "In the portal!"

"Two kings cannot ascend to one throne."

Matilda's voice broke through my consciousness causing me to turn my head to look back towards the cliff.

"Keep searching and you shall find, the one that hides within parallel line.".

Indeed I saw her old figure hunched quietly as her vacant blue eyes pierced into mine.

"Charlie!" Marybelle gasped. "You missed."

My foot caught the edge of the portal and threw me back violently.

"Fuck!"

My wings immediately sprouted to keep me from falling, but they ripped my shirt and bag apart.  The moment enabled me to balance just enough to have Sven grab my foot.

I looked down in despair at my bag falling down into the forest below. "No...."

"Put your wings back." Somebody else had managed to grab my waist, tearing my attention from my falling bag.

I looked to Arias gritting his teeth as he tried to pull me back against the force.

"Inside." I ordered, remembering wings couldn't fit in the portal. I dropped just for a second before I was yanked through. Closed in complete darkness, my body felt light as we fell through space.

"What happened to Charlie!" I heard a familiar voice boom to my right.

"She made it!" Jethro confirmed quickly.

A rush of air sucked us down. The sweet smell of home hit my nostrils as we abruptly dropped to the ground, groaning in a tumble of arms and legs.

"Horrible landing." Marybelle joked as she shook her head.

"Bitch." I groaned. She controlled the current. It must have been payback for when I left and kicked her damn stick earlier. I mean seriously she acts like it's a huge deal to keep the portal open for just a second longer. I groaned as I lifted my head which was laying against something rising and falling. I brought my hand up for support and pressed down as I lifted my head higher, coming face to face with Arias' golden eyes staring back at me.

"Unless you want me to have my way, I suggest you remove your hand." Arias whispered, his lips barely moving as his eyes pleading with me. I looked down to see my hand pressing down on his crotch. My mind finally taking into account the hard stirring underneath it. I looked back up to catch his eyes on my now naked chest. Not even bothering to look away. A glance was passable, but a whole stare?

I quickly removed my hand from him and sat up to the side, crossing it over my chest. "Uhm...anybody have a shirt?"

All three guys immediately grabbed the hem of their shirt. But Jethro and Sven paused as they looked at Arias. Their hands slowly dropped, and when they did, he pulled his shirt off his back and handed it to me.