Chapter 24 - Saturday

The next day, you awoke to the sound of rain on the roof. The storm had lasted through the night. Damn, go off Mother Nature.

Had you made the right decision? Had you done the right thing? You had stunned him yesterday; you remember with your sudden proclamation he stuttered and stared with wide eyes. That fateful day you had simply hugged him again, and he reciprocated to you, mumbling something about catching him off guard. You remember how utterly flustered and confused he looked, and part of you wondered if it was all looking upwards now.

After all, what could be better than having someone to hold your head high through this murder factory? Someone to support you and be supported?

You checked the time, having a mini heart attack when you realized you were two hours late.

Wait. It's a Saturday. You're fine.

Sighing, you flopped back down on your bed having no fucking idea what to do with your life for today. This was often the case with weekends. You didn't know what to do.

You remember you and Wally had exchanged personal numbers yesterday.

Checking your phone, you had literally no messages from anyone, so you messaged Wally out of sheer boredom. Because why the fuck not.

You: hey bbg are u an experiment bc u fascinating asf (scientist rizz)

wally👍: What the actual fuck. What the hell is a rizz. Neighbor you fucking dumbass.

Okay, now your day got a million times better. Practically dying of laughter, you responded.

You: you don't know what rizzing someone up is you fucking imbecile??😭 no culture

wally👍: NO I DON'T. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

You: I'm talking about the RIZZ, Darling. The fucking rizz😭😔

wally👍:you're lucky I like you neighbor. Now what the hell is a rizz

You: it's a looooooong story 💀

wally👍:neighbor don't give me that shit tell me

You: it's this meme thing that basically means to try and flirt with someone😭😭😭 help I am so sorry 😭😭

wally👍: so were you trying to flirt with me earlier? Hell no stop that.

You: IT WAS A JOKE IM SORRY I WAS BORED

wally👍: YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE YOU SENT IT TO ME I'LL BE AT YOUR DORM IN FIVE

You: WAIT MR. DARLING

WAAAAAOT NOOO PLEASE

I AM PLEADING I AM TERRIFIED

NOOOOOO

IF YOU COME TO MY DAMN ROOM I WILL RIZZ YOU AGAIN

MR. DARLING.

You turned off your phone as you heard knocking at your door. Hell no.

"Nooo! Go away!" You laughed, but it was fear response laughter instead of the genuine thing.

"Let me in, Neighbor." Wally's calm voice could be heard through the door.

"How about no?" You asked, genuinely afraid.

"Neighbor I wasn't gonna hurt you at first but now I'm considering if you don't open the damn door. I'm not going to break it down again." He ordered, and you got up from your bed, gingerly opening the door.

"Heyyyy... Ack-" He pushed you along with the door out of the way and stepped inside.

"If you ever pull that pathetic 'rizzing' shit again I will put you on the receiving end of the Pegasus Device." He snarled, and your defiant streak only got more confident.

"Damn homie, that's kinda kinky-"

You joked as Wally broke into embarrassed laughter, occasionally interjected with a "No!" Or something along those lines as he backed away from you.

"No. No! You're done! I'm done! We are stopping this right now! That is unacceptable!" He held back laughter still, pointing at you from across the room in a manner that said 'stay away'.

"Your humor is fucked up, Neighbor!"

"I'm well aware. Sooooo, have you come here to just yell at me or do you have something stupid to do so that I can alleviate my boredom?" You asked him, and he seemed to contemplate for a moment before looking somber.

"Well I did have something I needed to take care of today, and it's not very entertaining, but you can come along if you'd like. It's quite important to me."

He walked past you to leave, but you stopped him at the door.

"Yeah, I'll come along."

"Alright. Meet me in the parking lot, I'll fill you in then."

Then he left you to your own devices.