Hour glass

"You're adding too much," I snort as I instruct Harper how to make cannolis, a popular Italian breakfast pastry

I woke up at ten to five this morning and found Harper also awake. 

James used to make me wake up at the crack of dawn, wanting the house immaculate and a four course meal for breakfast ready before he woke up. If I didn't adhere to his demands there'd be consequences so I guess my body subconsciously makes me around that time in fear that'll it'll receive a beating for my disobedience.

Harper told me that she used to wake up this early to workout and never really fell out of the habit so I guess that's something we both have in common, being unable to let go of the past.

It's ten am now and we spent the entire five hours talking. She's quite the over sharer bless her but I appreciated her openness. At least one of us isn't hiding anything.

She left my door unlocked last night and didn't tell anyone that I was wondering around the house so I trust her slightly more than the rest of them.

Speaking of the rest of them, I met two other boys who are significantly less intimidating than the others.

There's Tyler, who is the epitome of a golden retriever. He complained for half an hour about being woken up at nine am and he did subject me to some pretty terrible pick up lines the second we met but he seems harmless.

There's also miles, who was completely unbothered by my presence in the house as soon as I mentioned that I was going to cook for them. 

The soft hum of Lana Del Rey's angelic voice fills the room, originating from the speaker on the kitchen counter.

Harper has good music taste I'll give her that.

"What the fuck is she doing out," A harsh voice bellows. I flinch slightly, turning and spotting Lucian who I recognise from all the pictures Harper showed me.

He storms over, snaking a protective arm around Harper and creating distance between us.

"Go back to your room," He orders, his face expressionless. "She's not going anywhere," Harper says angrily just as the man I now know as Emilio enters.

Everyone, including Lucian look at her like this is the first time she's ever raised her voice. "This is my first real girl friendship and I won't have you.. or you ruin it," She commands, pointing her batter covered wooden spoon in the direction of both boys.

Lucian immediately concedes, seemingly willing to do anything Harper wants but Emilio is a different story.

"You shouldn't have let her out," He tuts, looking me up and down. "Dad said not to let her anywhere near you guys," He sighs.

"Hm," I hum, nodding my head. "So do you do everything your daddy tells you to do or..?" I question, poking for a reaction.

I had decided last night that if these people were going to hold me against my will I would at least make it unpleasant for them.