8:35 am

You were in Katie Silverstone's body, the antagonist, Jessica Ellison's lapdog. You knew exactly how this was gonna play out, and you knew Jessica would backstab you sooner or later. But, you didn't remember her being anything but malicious and garish. You walked beside Jessica, with no time for small talk.

"Girl…are you mad at me or something? You aren't being the usual bubbly and fun girl I know. Lighten up!" 

You glanced at her, her sickeningly endearing tone gave you a funny feeling, similar to a nasty gut feeling. 

"I see that..."

You said, screwing up your face. Her expression dulled, giving you an obscured look. 

"Seriously, are you mad at- ugh, look who's coming." 

She nudged your shoulder, and before you could answer, you were hugged from behind, and obnoxious kisses were being peppered all over, from your cheek to your neck.

"The Hell?! Get off of me!" 

"It's me! Just stay still, baby, I'm tryna kiss you!"

He tightened his vice grip. this must've been Katie's football boyfriend, Augustus. A 6'3 white boy, this book was full of white people. One thing about horribly written Wattpad stories, no people of color. 

Jessica came to your rescue once more, tearing you away from Augustus's grip. He was lean and very tall. He wasn't bad looking, but from what you recalled, he was a preppy stereotypical 'jock'. Jessica stepped in between the two of you, telling him off. 

"I see you're still making my friend uncomfortable, Augustus." 

"She's my girlfriend, not yours, back off." 

Hearing the squabble amused and irked you, in the book, Jessica, and Augustus had a little something going on behind Katie's back, and flirted shamelessly. Of course, Katie was the knock-off, Karen, so she didn't notice until they were caught sleeping with each other behind her back.

You didn't trust anyone, since you read the book and knew what the outcome would be, you wanted to save yourself the embarrassment, despite all of these people being fake. You turned to walk away, leaving the two to bicker about.

"___! Wait,"

A deep voice bellowed, grabbing your bony shoulder, whispering in your ear. He invited you to meet him behind the bleachers at Lunch. Your face contorted into one of disdain, and you flashed him a rude mug. You guys neared the building and felt like you were in a 2000s teenage movie.

Some were on their phones, talking amongst themselves, fighting, or flirting. Since you and Jessica were 'popular', the crowd divided and let through into the main entrance, cliche and corny. Jessica clutched your hand, strutting into the building.

"What's my first period? I forgot."

You tugged your skirt down, trying to adjust your outfit, it was like a corset, squeezing your body. Despite you being nothing much but skin and bone. Jessica interlocked your fingers, making her way to homeroom.

"Girl, we have homeroom together. Hah! Typical ___, always forgetting things." 

She chortled, her laugh loud and high-pitched. You recoiled, chuckling along awkwardly. You didn't believe it was that damn funny. You just hoped that during the time you were here, it wasn't an episode of Euphoria or Riverdale, you were wondering what the life of a cliche whore would be like.