2

"Who was it?"

"Who was it?"

The gang asked all together.

"Sabrina Hughes!" I think I gritted my teeth just saying her name.

"Sabrina Hughes?"

"Sabrina?"

"Her name is familiar."

I could hear their voices like they were in the background with the one in my head that was louder.

I looked at Deena who seemed to suddenly become uncomfortable and couldn't meet my gaze.

Even the way she was sipping her water, she was averting her eyes.

"Wasn't she the girl literally throwing herself at you, Dee?" I heard Jeremy.

"The one with the big..." My squinting eyes flew to Brad whose hands were almost in his chest about to gesture something.

"... Personality?" He then continued and looked at Deena.

"Wait, wait... Are we talking about the girl who Kristine here was jealous of?" Trina with a sly smile looked at me.

"Excuse me?" My voice rose a little.

"Oh, yeah! Yeah!"

"Yeah!"

"Yes, that's her!"

I heard all of them agreed.

I looked at Deena who was still quiet. Suspiciously quiet, I may add.

"And she's gonna work with you both?" Elena asked.

"She's gonna be in the finance department so we wouldn't be working closely." Deena finally spoke.

"But still, same company, same building. We will need the details every week about that." Elena continued, teasing written across her eyes.

I thank the universe when they stopped talking about Sabrina and diverted the topic to Brad who was about to be a father.

I've always hated that girl. I don't know why but every time she would look at me, it was always with meaning or something. Sometimes, she would throw me a meaningful look especially every time she would snatch Deena from our group. Like literally, physically drag her away from us, and the annoying part is, Deena would always let her.

I was not jealous like what Suzanne said, she was just irritating and I think she was doing it on purpose.

She would purposely go to Deena, and ask her to accompany her to somewhere I don't know whenever she was with me. It was like, every time.

And Deena would go to her and wouldn't say no. It's annoying.

And now she's gonna come to my company and work with us? Yes, Deena was right, we wouldn't be working closely as our departments were not related at all, but I am gonna see her during weekly meetings and budget meetings every month.

She's gonna be the one approving the money that will go out of the company for my department.

Ugghhhhhhh!

The dinner was over and I didn't even understand what we talked about. I was participating in the conversation but not really knowing what I was saying.

"You okay?" It was just Deena and me in the parking lot.

"What? Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I be?" I throw my purse in the backseat.

"Don't worry, I never believed that you were jealous of Sab." 

Wow, nickname basis!

"You know, I just hated that girl ever since."