19 | Arjuna's emotional confession

"Are you also worried about the insane similarity between Panchali and Rajkumari Nandini Mahamahim?!", questioned Vidur in a worried tone..

Bhishma stood up and strongly denied,"I don't wish to talk about that Vidur...After whatever has happened in the past few days, my mind isn't at peace.."

Vidur sighed and murmured,"But my mind's preoccupied with the possibilities of how destructive the future would be for Kuru vansh...You can't deny the events of that day...That divine goddess was none other than Rajkumari Nandini in the body of Panchali.."

"Or maybe Panchali is my Nandini", uttered Pitamah with a trembling voice, tears running down his cheeks...He fell on his knees and cried,"Either way, it's me who would lose Vidur...All my sacrifice for the Kuru vansh would go in vain..Her curse would end this entire vansh in front of my eyes.."

Vidur approached Pitamah gently placing hand on his shoulder staring at him with reassurance...He uttered,"There's one way...Angraj Karna !! He is the only person who could bring back Panchali twice when her powers got out of hand..."

Bhishma aggresively jerked Vidur's hand and growled,"No !!! He must stay away from her life..I won't let the history repeat itself..I won't let him become her weakness AGAIN !" And rushed out in rage..

Vidur sighed and murmured,"I wish I could stop the coming destruction Pitamah.."

*******

Gauri was standing quietly at the balcony, feeling the gentle breeze softly touching her face...She sighed leading out a deep breath.. Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder...She flinched and turned behind hurriedly losing her balance and was about to fall off the balcony...She cried in terror and closed her eyes...But to her surprise, she didn't fall...She slightly opened her eyes, her eyes meeting with radiating light brown eyes of Arjuna, filled with concern and care...His one hand around her waist and other gripping her hand tightly, their bodies rubbing against each other, as if time had stopped for Arjuna...

It was the second time, her heart ached in this manner....The first time when she watched her reflection in Karna's eyes and this time, when she stared at Arjuna's deep eyes carrying chaotic emotions...What weird feeling is this?

Arjuna tightened his grip around her waist and murmured,"These are my emotions for you Panchali that you are feeling while staring into my eyes...I have loved you since the very first time our eyes met...I wish you could have tried to look at them like this earlier, you could have understood how I felt everytime you lovingly smiled at Angraj..." He sadly smiled tears falling from his eyes..

Gauri's eyes were teary and filled with immense sorrow...She gently wiped his tears and weakly whispered,"Oh Arjuna !"

Feeling the soft touch of Gauri's hands wiping his tears, Arjuna couldn't control the emotions surging within him and with all strength he had at that moment, he gently kissed her forehead, his soft velvet lips marking their presence on Panchali's skin surging strange emotions in her entire body...