PRE-READING NOTES

Heart of the Serpent takes place in the Hogwarts Legacy video game universe but will not follow the plot points set in place there. The main character will not be the same MC from the game and though she will also be joining Hogwarts as the "new seventh year", she will not possess the ancient magic as depicted in the games.

I want to add a little reminder that all characters are aged up - in the game, the main character and all of her friends are fifth year students at Hogwarts, but in Heart of the Serpent, Wren, Ominis, Sebastian, Anne and the others in their year are seventh year students and 18 years old.

I can't thank you enough for all of the love you have shown me on my Sebastian fic - Me and the Devil and cannot wait to dive into the slow burn Ominis fic. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do writing it!

As stated in the book description, please feel free to read the story as if it is your character's story instead of Wren's - Ominis truly is such a special character that deserves all the love we can give.

Another quick note - all related links can be found in my bio including our DISCORD! We would love to have you as we continue on this little journey. There is also an author newsletter should you want to read any of my personal work outside of the fanficiton community, my Hogwarts Legacy Tiktok, Instagram, Etsy and personalized Spotify playlists for the characters in the stories!

The story itself starts on the next "chapter"!

Thank you for reading!

-McKenna