109-110

Chapter 109: If this were to spread, how would she be able to make a living here

As soon as Old Lady Xiao said this, with Eldest Son Xiao and the others expressing their displeasure, the crowd started to gossip about it.

"This is too outrageous. Not only did that daughter-in-law talk back to her mother-in-law, but her younger brother also beat up her brothers-in-law."

"In the past, Ge Chunyi looked like a man in a suit. I didn't expect him to have this kind of character."

"That's right. Ever since they stayed in the general's residence, the general's wife's lived together with them. On the contrary, General Xiao's parents and brothers continued to stay in the village."

"General Xiao even took special care of this brother-in-law for so long. He raised him in vain. In return, he bullied his parents and beat up his brothers?"

"What an ingrate!"

"I've only heard of those who raised their own younger siblings. I've rarely heard of those who raised their wives' younger siblings. General Xiao is also a maverick. His wife's family didn't realise it."

Others living nearby knew a little about their situation in the general's manor.

Previously, Ge Chunyi was good looking and motivated to learn.

General Xiao arranged for him to study at the Capital Academy.

His mounted archery skills were particularly outstanding.

Speculations suggested that he would be taking the scholar exam next year.

If he took the exam and clinched the 1st place, he would go to the military to gain some experience.

After using General Xiao's connections, he would be transferred back to the capital and guaranteed employment opportunities in the Ministry of War or Ministry of Justice.

His future was limitless.

Because of this, some families had taken a liking to Ge Chunyi and wanted him to be their son-in-law.

But now that this matter had come out, they felt that there was something wrong with his character.

He was too impulsive, disrespectful to his elders and even dared to hit them. He was too violent.

What if he were to hit his wife in the future?

There were a few people who whispered about these things.

Although Old Lady Xiao was in her fifties, she was very energetic and had good ears.

Naturally, she heard it.

She was furious. Her bastard second son was simply too indecent.

He actually protected the vixen's younger brother so much.

He didn't even want to help his biological brothers and nephews.

Ge Chunyi still wanted to clinch the 1st place in the scholar exam and so as to go for military training and become an official in the capital.

This kind of good thing should be happening to her grandsons, but that little bastard had already taken it for himself.

Old Lady Xiao was filled with grief and indignation. This time, she was really sad and cried miserably.

"Oh my God, why is my life so miserable?"

"I don't want to live anymore. Even my younger generation wants to bully me."

"My eldest daughter-in-law, go and find me a rope. I'll hang myself here today."

Ge Chunru had just walked out with her younger brother when she heard the old lady's words.