Walking On Air

**by popular demand this chapter is rated R (zoabaian)** so here's what you've been waiting for, and since you've been patiently waiting i made it extra long..

JOHNS POV

My next show was in 3 days in florida so that's where we were currently headed. We had about 30 more minutes before we landed so my friend Kyle came over to wake us. Katy was snuggled up on my chest and refused to wake up so I gave Kyle a knowing look letting him know she was fine and to let her be and he walked off.

"Kate, sweetie wake up.." I whispered and felt her mumble what sounded like a no against my neck. I let out a slight chuckle and rubbed her back under her shirt yet again trying to gently wake her.

"babe come on.." I said a little more seriously knowing that if I didn't make her get up I'd be carrying her out of here which didn't sound too pleasant this early of a morning.

"it's too early." she whined sitting up and rubbing her eyes then fixing her hair into a messy bun. I gave her a sympathetic look knowing she needed some rest and sat up with her. "i'm going to go to the bathroom.." she said and I nodded watching her walk away. Just then Kyle came back over and sat across from me leaning back in his seat and crossing his arms. What could he possibly want.

"May I help you?" I asked as he continued to stare at me with that smirk on his face.

"You're in love." He grinned making me roll my eyes. Of course I was in love why was it a big deal?

"yes andddd?" I urged on wondering what he could be getting at.

"nothing." he shrugged. "it's just I've never seen you like this."

"You've seen me with other woman before." I said matter of fact but he shook his head no.

"no, you're IN love man. you're in this for the long run and I'm just happy for you. it's different with her, and I hope you don't get scared and back out of this one too." He finished and that's when I decided I should tell him something that has been eating me alive since I wasn't able to tell anyone.

"Speaking of that... I'm planning on proposing to her... soon." I said with a smile on my face thinking of her and Kyle's smile grew wider at the news as well.

"That's great! What do you have planned"

"I was going to take her to dinner and maybe then ask her there or on the beach whenever it feels right." I shrugged

"Do you think she has any idea? She's a smart girl you know she might figure you out." He said and it made me think. We have been together for a while but I don't think she's expecting it.

"nah, but if so I'll just shy her away.." I said as katy came back and flopped down beside me leaning into my side.

"What are you guys talking about?" She asked probably because as soon as she arrived we both abruptly ended our conversation.

"umm we were just um-"

"discussing his next show." Kyle finished with a smile saving me from what could've been an absolute mess. I silently thanked him as he got up to leave patting me on the shoulder.
............

Once we arrived at the hotel everyone retired to their separate rooms for the afternoon. Once we were alone Katy questioned me about mine and kyle's behavior on the plane earlier.

"Hey John, what was wrong with you and Kyle earlier? You seemed really nervous about something." I had hoped that she hadn't noticed.

"Oh, you know, it was nothing. We were just being weird, I guess." I tried to shake it off, but she wasn't buying it.