FYI: Wolves Are Natural-Born Hunters

Once I've set eyes on my prey, the hunt is as good as over

Every man caught between my canines. Every woman murdered by my claws. Every child that I've stripped of a long life. All of this blood I've collected throughout the years, meaning absolutely nothing to me. Not an ounce of regret or remorse for the destructive path I walk alone.

How could I bring myself to feel for their deaths? In a world that will eat you up, first chance it gets. You can either fight to survive or die at the hands of someone stronger.

We're beasts of the night. Werewolves. Hardwired to hunt. Bred to stalk. Born to kill. It's just our nature. It's just my nature.

-Adonis Black

My nails dig deep into the damp dirt, uprooting the weak vegetation and loose rocks as I bolt after my target

My nails dig deep into the damp dirt, uprooting the weak vegetation and loose rocks as I bolt after my target. His swiftness makes up for his lack in size, but even then his speed wouldn't be enough to escape my beast. I could practically feel his need to live, but tasting his blood was inevitable no matter how much he tried to postpone it.

With the gap between us closing, my prey takes a hard right, maneuvering sporadically against the dark red trunks in a brown haze. With my large frame making it difficult to weave between the broad trees and thick brush, he pulls ahead once more.

I move on autopilot, while my mind remains a jumble of incoherent thoughts. Even with my head a mess, I could hear the growing hum of one word. The very word that has me pushing every physical boundary I've grown to known:

Kill!

My instincts were driving me to run, but my bloodlust was keeping me from stopping.

My wolf lets out a low rumble, a clear indicator that he wants control. I don't think twice before retreating back into our mind and allowing him the opportunity to snatch the reins.

He darts through the woods, following the scent of the unknown wolf until we're practically on top of him. He lunges us forward, placing all of our weight on the back of our target. As he loses balance and tumbles down, our prey brings us with him.