Chapter 73

"Hm?" Theodore thought he would appear where all his friends were at, but instead he found himself standing on top of a building. "Where the heck did Osiris—never mind..."

As he let out a tired sigh, Theodore leaned over the edge. The sights of mayhem below him churned an eerie feeling in his stomach. It was at that moment that he hated having such keen senses. He could smell the stench of death even from so high up, and the uncanny prickling sensation of Anubis' magic sent small, cold jolts down his spine.

"...Ra." Theodore gritted his teeth, his grip on the concrete edge tightened to the point that cracks appeared on its surface.

No time to waste. He quickly scanned the parameter in search for his friends' whereabouts. Eventually finding them not too far away from his current location.

They were standing in the middle of a broken road, surrounded by burning buildings and corpses of both the enemies and allies. Mammon in his dragon form was still fighting back against the army of undead and soldiers while the rest of them were attacking a large serpent.

"Jörmungandr?" His brows furrowed into a deep frown. The World Serpent's current appearance was odd, it only had half of its body. At least that was good news considering that the world could've ended right then and there if the snake was in its true form.

Something in the sky caught his attention. It was a man dressed elegantly in formal attire with his back turned towards him, his appearance had not changed since Theodore last saw him, and the aura of heat and strength surrounding his figure made it even easier to deduct his identity.

He positioned one foot on the edge of the building just as Ra had spun around. Was he trying to escape? Not a chance. Theodore put all his strength into his legs and launched himself at the sun god. "Where do you think you're going?"

'BOOM!'

His hand grabbed Ra's neck as they fell onto the ground, the impact sending ripples of power in all directions and halting the heated battle. Their attention shifted towards the source of the explosion as Theodore slowly got up from the large crater he'd made.

It would be nice if Ra had just died from his sheer strength alone, but alas, the sun god rose along with him. He instantly stepped back several meters while cautiously staring at him with a blank face. There was little to no scratch on his body. Odd. Even Zeus couldn't take a direct attack that easily. "So it was you." Ra's voice was lashed with venom, the glare he gave him only confirmed his rage.

Theodore didn't give a response in words, instead he unsheathed the Void Blade. Its obsidian body gleamed beneath the second sun. A mysterious and eerie power radiated outwards, engulfing the entire battlefield in a familiar cold.

Ra's golden orbs widened at the sight of the weapon. There was no need for a reply, the Void Blade's appearance was enough for the god to realize that there was no room for any sort of speech. Only a chuckle escaped his lips. "Why must you go this far, serpent god? It's truly a shame. We could've worked together and split our authorities."

"This world isn't anyone's to begin with." Theodore unleashed his power. Its sudden outbursts caused his friends to stumble from the sheer strength. His aura was strong enough to rival Ra, maybe it was even more powerful.

The ground suddenly froze up like a winter lake. The sky howled and the wind responded like it'd been waiting for the signal. A large magical circle manifested on the ground beneath its master, and a blast of wind and cold spread to every corner of the area.

[Serpent Bearer's Domain: Devouring Winter.]

"Get out." A side glance from him was enough for Mammon to move. Everyone swiftly mounted his back and the dragon flew high into the sky, unbothered by the fierce icy storm around him.