Chapter 4

The next morning, Azriel wakes up and turns to face the sleeping girl in his bed. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying during the night, but she still looked adorable to him.

There was a sudden knock at the door. Azriel reaches for the door and sees Cassian there.

He knew what Cassian was about to say. He decides that he would get ahead of him.

"Yes, I know Azalea came and threw her herself at me. I hope you are not here to lecture me on how inappropriate it was for me to let her sleep with me. You and I both know that no inappropriate behavior transpired during the night. I merely comforted my friend through what was a very difficult night for her."

Cassian raises an eyebrow,
"Az, I'm here to give you a message from Rhysand. He wants to talk to you.
And what the hell are you talking about? Lia sleeping with you..?? Are you serious ??" He starts to get irritated.

Azalea slowly stirres  causing both the illyrians attention snap to her
and Cassian notices her in azriel's bed.

Azriel looks over at Azalea, and sees her start to wake up. He immediately pulls her back into his arms, wanting to protect her from the world.

"Morning Azalea. Did you sleep well, love?" he says, trying not to let his annoyance with Cassian show.

"Yes, I did" she smiles forgetting Azriel's rudeness last night.
Then she sees Cassian.
"Ohh hi cassian. What are you doing here?"

Cassian, unsure of how to feel about what had just happen, simply smiles at Azalea.

Cassian smiles at Azalea not knowing what to say, after what he just saw.
"Az, Rhys wants you at the manor. He wants to meet with you in the library." he says, and then quickly retreats from the room after giving Azriel a look.
Azriel looks over at Azalea, unsure of what Cassian's look was supposed to mean.
But he decides to put it aside, and turns to Azalea.

"Are you ready to go Azalea?" he asks softly.

"You can go and meet rhys. Cassian will escort me to my room." she says kissing his cheek and going with cassian

Cassian nods at Azriel, as if saying "I got this." He then walks off with Azalea and back to her room.