1. 𝕬𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖉

𝕂𝕖𝕪: ↫↫↫↫↫ . . . . . . . . . ↬↬↬↬↬ = 𝕟𝕖𝕨 𝕡𝕠𝕧

I woke to the scent of fresh rain and flowers, and my eyes opened to see vines and grey-brown bark.

Bark - oh, I was in a tree.

I sat up and stretched my wings and adjusted my cloak, which was slightly damp from what must have been rainfall. It was slightly uncomfortable, but I brushed off the thought of using my light to dry it.

I hopped down from my perch, sweeping my silvery hair out of the way. Looking around, I realized I landed in front of a curious red-feathered bird with black skin and a long beak like a kiwi's. Behind him, a tent with a star on the top had been propped up, surrounded by crystals and an open book on a pedestal on its left.

"Ah, so you have arrived.

"The cards have spoken much about you, traveler. Much is to come, oh yes, for you are much anticipated."

He nodded slowly as he spoke. He talked in a different language to English, so I was glad I was able to understand every language, oral and written.

"Erm... Excuse me, what's your name?" I asked quietly.

"Clauneck, anticipated one. I am the dealer of cards, a side character in a story yet to come." He chuckled and moved to take something from behind him.

"Would you like a reading?" he asked simply.

"Um.... sure."

Clauneck shuffled the claw-sized cards, and let three drop down.

"First, we have... The Fortune. Seems that many great things are in store for you, and many terrible things too.

"The Sword. You will grow powerful and dominate, but with power comes responsibility, and with responsibility comes lessons.

"And finally, The Phoenix. You shall uncover truths throughout your journey here in The Lands of the Old Faith.

"The cards have much to say after waiting for some time... You are welcome to more readings when you find me on your journey." I smiled as he picked up the cards and shuffled them back into the larger group.

"Thanks, Clauneck," I said genuinely.

"Don't think of it, traveler. I'll ask; what is your name?"

"..."

"Lavender."

↫↫↫↫↫ . . . . . . . . . ↬↬↬↬↬

So Lavender was her name.

What was she?

Those horns, those wings, those tails, all weren't something new to me, but throwing them all together makes something unrecognizable.

Or rather, someone.

The others would like to know, but I bet they won't listen to me.

'The youngest sibling is too young to know much!'

As if I haven't already led multiple divisions into war.

As if I haven't seen the deaths of the ones I knew.

As if I haven't watched on as my followers dissented against who had kept them alive.

And really, they shouldn't because they would be dead without me.

Anyway, I should keep spyin-no, watching.

She was writing in this grey book when I looked up again, while Clauneck watched patiently.