34. lovers with telepathic connections

There was no doubt that he would certainly have died if he was run over by a car like this. No matter how you looked at it, Jimin should have his head bashed and battered by now, dead with grievances remaining.

But nothing had happened to him. He was standing steadily in the hotel's lobby, as if the scene that had just happened was just a dream. He didn't get out of the hotel, didn't see the car, didn't get hit and wasn't sent flying.

But his life points had been deducted!

Jimin stood still for a long time before he said in a surprised yet calm voice, "I did four random missions in total; one was when I asked Taehyung for a good night kiss, the reward was one life point; the other was to embrace and sleep with Taehyung for two hours and the reward was two life points; the third was to wear the clothes Taehyung bought for me and the reward was one life point; the fourth one was to let Taehyung sleep on my lap for one hour, the reward was one life point. Added up with the weekly mission, I obviously had six life points with me. Why was there only one life point left after you deducted four life points?"

Death system, "......"

Is now the right time to be concerned about such things!?

Jimin's voice was steady when he asked the death system, "I didn't miscalculate, right?"

Death system, ".................."

Jimin raised his eyebrows.

The death system finally said, "You truly didn't......"

Jimin added, "That's a relief. That means I have two life points left, right?"

Death system responded, "Yes."

After a long pause, Jimin said under his breath, "Thank you."

Death system, "!!!"

Why is it that it somehow couldn't see that sweet and naive person anymore!?

Jimin just stayed standing in the hotel (lobby) for awhile. The air-conditioner was blowing strongly into him, but he felt as if he was standing on top of a raging fire, his feet burning.

"Bang!" A loud sound could be heard from outside. Everyone in the hotel suddenly went into a state of shock. The security guards rushed out to check the peculiar noise.

Jimin didn't move at all. He had already known what was going on even without going out.

The death system had saved him, but what should have happened had happened.

The car accelerated quickly like how it was supposed to.

This was originally planned to be a 'very unexpected' murder.

It was probably because the driver had mistaken the brake for accelerator. The moment he stepped on the 'brake', the car hit Jimin and killed him. The driver himself would not have been able to stop the car and hit the door. If that was how it had happened, the dead could not bear witness, so things would be settled cleanly just like that.

It wasn't surprising that noises came from people around.

"Is that person crazy? He drove straight ahead."

"Did he perhaps confuse the accelerator with the brake?"

"It's too tragic that the speed of the car killed him on the spot."

The thin voices of people whispering were exactly the same with what Jimin had guessed.

Jimin took a deep breath. All that he could feel was a chill from his heart. He felt a fire burning outside, yet it was freezing cold inside. They collided together, but it calmed him down instead.