Chapter Six

"Hey baby!" Alex said wrapping his arms round Meghan and spinning his girl around. "Hey!" She said pulling back and kissing him. The man gently placed his girlfriend back on the ground before she rushed over to greet her Aunt Sheryl, who was also waiting in the hotel lobby for them too. "It was great timing, our flights landed at similar times." Sheryl said kissing her niece's head. "How's things?" She continued. Meghan nodded "Good. It's been a long few days I think everyone is looking forward to a few days off." Alex slid his arm round the waist of Meghan. "I'll say, you're always so busy! Every time I call her she's working!" Meghan smiled as her uncle came over. "Alex, good to see you son!" He said reaching out to shake the young man's hand. "Are you settled in ok?" "Yes Sheryl and I checked in not long ago. Babe, shall we take your stuff up, then I was thinking we could go out for some dinner and drinks?" "Oh umm sure, but Alex, there's a big dinner tonight with the band and crew. We've not stopped in recent days so they thought it would be nice if we all went out especially now we are all reunited." She could tell her boyfriend wasn't impressed by this news. "But I'm here to spend time with you.." "and you will." Meghan said quietly trying to not cause a scene. "Remember I am working, this is my job." "Yeah on tour with rockstars, it really is hard work isn't it?" He said sarcastically. "Alex please.. you might even enjoy yourself." "Ok fine.. what time?" He said. "Table is booked for 8:30." "Ok well let's go up now."

Johnny was with Sean and Travis stood at the reception desk, he hated checking in to hotels but there had been some issue with his suite according to one of the tour assistants so he needed to sort that before he could go chill. He looked across the lobby where he saw his band mates reuniting with their wives and families, his heart ached, he longed to see his children but with their busy schedules and schooling there was no way they could just drop everything and come see him on tour every weekend.

He saw a muscular looking chiseled man who had his arm draped round Meghan. He must be the boyfriend, Johnny thought. He saw they were whispering in hushed tones and having a fairly intense conversation for a couple that had just been reunited. Man did he remember those days but from what little he knew about them they seemed happy together so maybe he just caught them at a bad time. He decided to approach Alice leaving Sean to sort the suite issues and see what the dinner plans were. "Oi Cooper. Dinner tonight, are we making our own way there?" He said approaching. "You can, because you'll be an hour late. We'll probably share some cars." Alice replied chuckling. "Sheryl my love, wonderful to see you again." Johnny said kissing her cheek. "Hey Megz." "Hey Johnny. Did everything get sorted with your room?" "Sean is dealing with it now, I gave up." "Johnny, this is Alex." "I'm the boyfriend." Alex said holding his hand out. "Ah.. I'm the base player." Johnny said shaking his hand firmly. "Good to meet you." "You too." Alex said bluntly. "Shall we?" He asked his girlfriend who nodded. Meghan grabbed her bags before turning to the three remaining adults "We'll see you at dinner then yeah?" "Bye!" Her aunt said cheerfully.

"What's his trouble?" Johnny said as he watched the couple disappear into an elevator. "Oh he's just got a bee in his bonnet. Since she lost her law job he's been the provider and she's been the kept little woman essentially, I don't think he likes her having a taste of freedom." Alice said quietly. "Seriously?" Johnny questioned raising an eyebrow. "Alice! You don't know that! She's a grown woman, she can make her own choices." Sheryl said. "Ok tell me this then.. why did her whole demeanour change when we arrived? She's been more carefree and laid back on tour with us than I've seen her in a long time. He shows up and she's back to yes, no, of course Alex." Sheryl shrugged. "Maybe that's just them." "You don't think he's abusing her do you?" Johnny said quietly avoiding eye contact with his pal. "No, he wouldn't dare. She may come across all sweet and innocent but I know how fierce she can be and knowing how much she stood up for you with your trial online and in person, there's just no way she would allow that to happen." "Yeah we all say that Alice, when we met would you say I would have allowed it to happen to me?" "I guess not." "Keep an eye on her, please." Johnny said before being ushered off by Sean and Travis.