Chapter three

Kimberly's POV

The rest of the day passed by quickly. I visited my locker one last time before getting on the bus. I took my seat. Staci glared at me from the next seat over. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window, watching the trees and houses pass by in a fast blur. The bus came to a stop. I gathered up my books and walked off the bus.

I turned the doorknob and entered my house, throwing my books on the table by the door carelessly. I put my hair up in a messy bun and got an apple to eat. My phone buzzed with a text from Josh, reminding me that we had a study date. I quickly checked my make-up. When I was satisfied, I put on a jacket and walked outside to my car.

Josh's POV

I cleaned up the living room, knowing Kimberly would soon be here. I sprayed the air with some freshener and fixed my hair. I know she is just here to study, but I wanted her to be comfortable. I heard a knock on the door and I smiled. Kimberly's here. I opened the door and grinned as I saw my beautiful best friend grinning back.

"Hey there. Come on in," I said, stepping to the side so Kimberly could walk in the door.

"I brought my books. I'm not really looking forward to that test coming up," Kimberly shrugged and sat down on the couch.

"Me neither," I answered, rolling my eyes. I sat next to her on the couch, "Let's learn."

After we studied, Kimberly stayed for dinner.

"So, Kimberly, darling. You and Josh are dating?" My mother asked, taking a bite of spaghetti.

I coughed, my eyes wide. "No, mom!"

"Oh. Well, you guys act like a couple. I think he likes you," She looked at Kimberly with a smile on her face.

Kimberly giggled. "Oh, Mrs. Jacobs, you're so sweet. But, no, we aren't dating." Kimberly took a sip of her strawberry soda.

"Well you should. It'd be adorable! You do like him, don't you?"

I cleared my throat. "Mom, that's enough!"

Kimberly smiled at me. "It's fine, Josh." She looked at my mother. "Josh is an amazing person. Whoever he ends up dating is lucky." Her smile got bigger and she looked in my eyes. I looked back in hers smiling.

"See? Like this. You guys are in love!" My mother snapped me out of my daze. I looked away and took a bite of spaghetti.

Kimberly's POV

Josh's mother kept prompting me to date Josh. Oh, if she only knew how much I wanted to. After dinner, Josh and I walked up to his room.

I sat on his bed and he sat next to me.

"Dinner was fun," I started with a giggle.

"Look, I'm really sorry about my mom..." Josh said, looking away.

I smiled. "It's fine," I put my hand on his knee and looked in his eyes, "Really, Josh."

He looked back at me and slowly brushed a piece of hair back behind my ear. He slowly started leaning in. My heart started beating fast and I leaned in, too. Our lips softly touched and a burst of electricity ran through me. After a few moments, he pulled away.

"S-sorry," Josh stuttered.

I blushed. "Don't be."

He looked back up at me. "Okay. So. Wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure, but we have school tomorrow. I'll have to leave once the movie ends," I bit my lip.

"Okay. We're still on for this weekend, right?" Josh asked.

I smiled. "Yeah, sure!"

"Maybe we could... make it a date?" Josh avoided my eyes as his cheeks reddened.

I softly put a finger under his chin and kissed him. I looked in his eyes, smiling. "I would love to go on a date with you."

He smiled and nodded. "So, what movie do you want to watch?"

Josh's POV

I kissed Kimberly. The girl I had a crush on for three years. And she kissed back. Today couldn't get better. This weekend, we're going on a date. In my head, I was planning a picnic date. We watched a movie. I couldn't pay attention to it when Kimberly was cuddled up next to me, her warm body entertwined with mine. As the credits rolled on the screen, signalling the end of the movie, I looked down and saw Kimberly asleep with her head on my chest. I smiled and whispered in her ear, trying to wake her up.

"Kimberly, sweetie. Wake up. The movie's over."

Her eyes slowly opened and she looked up at me with a tired smile. "Hey..." She yawned and closed her eyes again.

I laughed and ran a hand through her beautiful hair. "Come on. You have to go."

She pouted with her eyes still closed. "Fine." She threw the covers off of her and got up. She picked up her books and looked at me.

I took her hand and walked her to the door. "See you tomorrow, gorgeous."

She smiled and hugged me. I hugged her back and gave her a kiss. She kissed me back and softly pulled away. "Bye." She whispered and opened the door. She hesitated, but turned around to face me.

"Yes?" I asked.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me deeply. My eyes widened in shock, but slowly closed, enjoying her embrace. She started to pull away, but I wrapped my arms around her waist and pressed my lips harder on her soft ones. She smiled in the kiss and pulled away a few seconds later.

"Um, bye." She said, blushing.

"Bye," I responded, opening the door for her.

She walked outside and slowly disappeared from my view, walking to her car.