Chapter 7: Newey

"I wish I'd been there." Kiri speaks honestly, widely smiling, "the ocean blessed you with a gift, brother."

The Sully kids and the Metkayina teens are all sitting in a round, except Ao'nung whose against a tree, talking about Lo'ak's new friend.

Tirol, whose besides Kiri, smiles at her sister's comments, agreeing with her, but Ao'nung seems to think differently.

"The tulkun have not returned yet." He says, moving his hand while talking, "And anyway, no tulkun is ever alone."

Neteyam looks done as he shares a look with Lo'ak who rolls his eyes while responding: "Well, this one was."

"He has a missing fin." He continues, turning to Tsireya to see if she will believe him. "Like a stump on the left side."

"Poor Tulkun..." Tuk comments sadly.

Tsireya nervously looks at her brother before responding, almost groaning as if talking about him was a bad thing: "Payakan."

"What?" Tirol asks, not clearly understanding.

"It's Payakan", Tsireya repeats, the same worried expression on her face.

"Who's Payakan?" Kiri asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

"A young bull who went rogue", Rotxo answers, "He's outcaste, alone;" He looks at Tirol besides him whose listening carefully. "and has a missing fin."

"They say he is a killer", Tsireya continues, gently grabbing Lo'ak's arm.

"No, no." He denies, before being cutting of by Ao'nung.

"He killed Na'vi." He speaks, looking worried as well. "And other Tulkun. Not here", he shrugs, "but far from the south."

"No, he's no killer." Lo'ak repeats.

"Lo'ak." Tsireya calls firmly, "you are lucky to be alive."

"I'm telling you guys." He turns to everyone, placing his hand on Tsireya's arm, "He saved my life, he's my friend!"

Tirol is completely lost. She knows Lo'ak is not a liar, he did have meet Payakan. But is he really that dangerous, like the others say?

"My baby bro!" Neteyam exclaims, as he stands up, placing his hands on Lo'ak's shoulders, "the mighty warrior, who faced a tulkun;" He mocks, "and lived to tell about it, huh?"

Lo'ak grunts, pushing his brother's hands off as he stands up.

"You guys aren't listening." He concludes as he walks away, frustrated.

"Lo'ak, I'm listening!" Tuk shouts.

"Lo'ak, come back!" Kiri whines, but he ignores them both.

Tirol sighs, looking at Neteyam.

"You skxawng."

[...]

Lo'ak being out of sight just like Ao'nung, Tsireya and Rotxo decided, after spending the whole day together, to present to the Sully kids the Cove of the Ancestors, a really important place for the Metkayina.

Kiri and Tuk, both on an Ilu, swim at the surface, following Tsireya. Tirol is following Rotxo who's smiling at her the whole time, and Neteyam was behind her.

The six of them face the beautiful, imposing and stunning Cove, leaving them speechless.

Tsireya and Rotxo can't stop smiling at their reaction, both of them so happy to show them this magical place.

The curly haired Omatikaya gasps in awe, her yellow eyes fully open, as she looks at her brother who share the same amazed facial expression.

"Our most sacred Place", Tsireya speaks to the teens.