Chapter 1 - A Journalists Instinct

Walking through the lush green grass, I gaze around at the wonderful creatures surrounding me. Bugsnax. Sweetiflies hovered in the air. Bungers bounced up and down as they trodded along. On the ground in front of me, was some random thing, something I could not describe, a mystery. Intrigued, I leaned down and put my hand out to uncover the mystery, but it vanished before I could. The vibrant world disappeared before my eyes, turning into a world of darkness and savagery. My heart began to pound heavily as the Bugsnax rose back out of the ground, just like that day. Closer and closer they came as they swooped towards me...

As I yelled in fear, I woke up suddenly and sat up. My heart was racing and my hands were shaking. I took a few deep breaths as I tried to calm myself down. 'Just a dream', I thought to myself as I put my head in my hands, 'Nothing more than that.' The door to my room opened quickly and at it stood a light blue Grumpus with a round red nose- Filbo. He looked quite worried.

"Is everything alright?" Filbo spoke with worry in his voice, "I heard screaming-" I smiled sweetly as I took another deep breath. "Don't worry- I'm fine. Just a bad dream, that's all." After I spoke, he seemed a bit less worried. Filbo then quietly walked over to my bed and sat down on it. "Anything I should be worried about?" He tilted his head as he raised an eyebrow. I shook my head.

With a smile, Filbo leaned towards me and gave me a light hug. "Alright, try and get some more sleep- ok?" I nodded once more as he stood up and walked towards the door. Just as he was leaving, Filbo faced me as he smiled softly before walking through the door.

The second he left and shut the door, the thoughts in my mind flooded in like a river. 'Why did I have that dream?' 'What was that strange thing?' 'Is there still secrets on the island?' So many secrets, secrets I need to discover. I thought and thought and thought for a while, and yet only one thing was clear. To clear up the blank spots and complete the story of Snaktooth Island and its scrumptious inhabitants, I have to go back.