Chapter 10

After putting her in Iron Heights, Barry turned to me. "Can we talk?"

I looked at him. "Sure." We walked away from everyone.

"Look, I'm sorry if what I said hurt you. I was just letting you know that even though you are blind you'd be fine."

"I know. Barry, I realized that even though everything is blurry I can still be a hero." I looked down. "Dealing with Rebecca helped me realize that."

"Um, about that. Why did you let her steal from a bank?"

I winced. "I didn't let her but I kind of got busy."

"Okay."

I looked at him and smiled. "You might someday have to lead me around by my hand but hopefully it won't be for a while. The only thing I want is to be able to help people."

"You can do that if you are blind or not."

"I know. It was just hard for me to...see." I looked around. I could see clearly. Then I glared. "The way to make it so I can see clearly was me accepting it."

He frowned. "You can see?"

"Yes. Apparently, Fax forgot to mention that."

"He did. But it's good that you can see now right?"

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Do you intentionally say the wrong things?"

He winced. "No! It's...Why is being in a relationship so difficult?"

I smiled. "No one ever said it was easy, Barry." I kissed him.

"No one said it would be difficult either," he said when we broke apart.

I laughed. "Well, look at this. You're dating the person you saved a long time ago."

He smiled. "If someone told me that three-year-old would mean more to me than anything I wouldn't have believed them."

I raised an eyebrow. "I'm sure you care about all of The Flash team the same amount."

"Ah, but I'm not in love with them." He kissed me.

I broked it off giggling. "That wouldn't be weird at all."

"It would."

I grinned. "Bet you can't catch me." I zipped away and I caught a glimpse of Barry and knew he was chasing me too. This life is exactly what I needed.