Chapter 2- Finally Genin

I woke up and went downstairs, seeing my mum down in the kitchen. "Hey honey. You ready for your team test?" Asked Kaa-san. "Hai. Have you got any clues as to what it could be?" I asked her as she smiled at me while I ate my breakfast.

"Well. The test differs between each Jōnin sensei, so it's up to them what they test you on." Kaa-san stated as I nodded.

"Anything you can tell me about Hatake Kakashi then? He didn't really give much to work with in our introductions." I asked, only to make it seem less suspicious on myself when I already know that he has the sharingan and all of his abilities.

"Sorry Ryou-kun, but I can't give you information on fellow Jōnin." Kaa-san stated as I sighed and shook my head before groaning. After a while, I finished my breakfast and walked to Training ground 7.

Training Ground-
I walked into the training ground while nodding a silent greeting to Sasuke, who returned the gesture. A few minutes later, Sakura arrived, giving both of us a tired greeting.

After three hours, our sensei had finally arrived. "You're late!!" Sakura screeched as me and Sasuke levelled sensei with glares of our own.

"Sorry I'm late guys. I thought there was a flyer on the usual store I go to about a sale on the books I usually buy, but it turns out, the book shop doesn't open until 10, so I wasted a lot of time and didn't even realise that I left my precious little genin alone in the training ground." Spoke Kakashi-sensei as Sakura continued to screech while I just shook my head at the lame excuse.

"Anyway. Today. You guys will be doing the bell test. This is where you three have to retrieve these two bells from me before the timer goes off. If one of you doesn't have a bell before the timer goes out, then you will be sent back to the academy. And if none of you get a bell in time then you all will be sent back to thw academy." Kakashi spoke as I looked at him.

"So one of us is definitely going back to the academy considering there are three of us and only two bells." I stated as Kakashi eye smiled as he set the timer.

"Three. Two. One. Hajime!" Kakashi stated as all of us three genin immediately disappeared from view. I suppressed my chakra as I sensed the rest of my team.

'Sasuke's not that far from me and Sakura's following Sasuke around. But, why can't I sense Ryouta?'

"Kakashi-sensei. This test doesn't make any sense at all." A voice spoke as the said Jōnin turned to see the familiar brown haired Senju with his thumb and index finger on his chin.

"This basically throws all the logic of what we explained from yesterday out the window. I thought it was confirmed that there would only be 9 genin passing without including Naruto, so that means that there will be three guaranteed four man cells, and in all the books I've read, genin teams usually operate in four man cells.

However what you're telling us today completely contradicts the tradition of four man cells? This means that someone is lying. I'm even willing to bet that the whole test is a farce." Ryouta explained as he gazed at his potential sensei.

'Yes. Be suspicious. Because you're absolutely correct.' Kakashi thought while he simply eye smiled at the Senju.

"Until I figure out why I feel so unsure about this test, I'll be testing whether you're good enough to lead me and my friends into battle." Ryou stated with a smirk as he dashed at Kakashi.

"Dashing head first into battle completely contradicts your reported intelligence. You of all people should know that this never works." Kakashi stated while putting his book away.

Ryouta ignored the statement as he aimed a kick at Kakashi's head, which was easily caught.

However, Ryouta's onslaught didn't stop there as he used his free leg to push himself upward, releasing himself from Kakashi's grip.