Chapter 2: Rashy!

I heard my phone ringing as I was in quite a deep sleep. Groaning I reached out to my phone hitting the green button to answer.

"What?" I asked still half asleep not even bothering to see my caller ID.

"Morning Alex. I had to take my car to the garage yesterday, can I catch a ride with you to Carrington?" A familiar Manc accent called out.

I fought the glare on the phone screen, to check the time, which was telling me it was 4.15 am. Then, I saw who was calling and said:

"Rashy it's 4.15 am and if you knew yesterday you needed a ride, why the fuck didn't you ask then?"

"I was looking for you, but Rob said you were in an appointment with Luke and I wasn't allowed to bother you unless I was dying," he said.

I giggled as it was a typical Rob thing to tell the lads who just loved to come to my office or the treatment room to avoid their media duties.

"Your training starts at 9 am right?" I asked him.

"Yep gym then on the out pitch," Rashy said.

"I'll pick you up at 8 am, be ready" I said hanging up on him.

I set my alarm to ring at 6:30 a.m. since Rashy ruined my routine and quickly fell asleep again. When I woke up again, I took a shower and changed into my United uniform, which consisted of the team tracksuit and my trainers. I walked out to the kitchen, popped in some toast, and made myself a coffee. After I had finished, I grabbed my car keys, locked up my apartment, and headed to the garage to get to my car. I picked up Marcus, who would not stop fidgeting with the car radio.

"Marcus pick a channel, and stick to it," I said as I stopped at a set of traffic lights.

"Sorry, but I can't be asked with the news at 7 a.m." Rashy moaned out.

"Just switch on Bluetooth and put your playlist on man," I said. It was way too early to deal with Marcus. This is why I always prefer to be alone unless I've had my second coffee. He finally connected his phone and was singing along to his music.

"Have you got everything?" I asked.

"Yes. I triple-checked this morning after I called you because I already knew you'd be annoyed at me for waking you up. I didn't want to annoy you further by forgetting something." Marcus said.

"Why have you never been this thoughtful in the 21 years I've known you?" I asked him laughing.

"Because I love winding you up. I don't like when you've told Dave and Luke and they come and tell me off" He moaned.

I laughed and said "I'm sorry Rashy, sometimes I'm venting to them, but I don't realise they tell you off. I'll speak with them and tell them to pack it in" I said.

"I don't mind it, Lex. I deserve it most of the time. Also, I'm glad you've got someone on your side you can vent to and you're not keeping things to yourself. At least they'll tell me straight up that I'm being a dick head".

"As you wish. If they act like prats, let me know and I'll have a chat." I said pulling into the Carrington car park. By coming early, we got here before the photographers, who come to take photos of the lads every day because they've got nothing better to do.

"The boss is already here" Marcus said pointing at Erik Ten Hag's car parked in its designated parking space.

"Luke and Mason just pulled up behind us now," I said as I parked my car in an empty parking spot, with Luke taking the space next to us.

"Why are they here this early?" Marcus asked.

"Absolutely no idea. I've got neither of them today for a session" I said. I knew why he asked. It's because I like getting lads that have had serious injuries in the past looked at, every couple of weeks, to check that they've not got any muscle fatigue and they've not been straining themselves.

Taking off my seat belt, I exited the car and grabbed my bags from the back seat.

"Good morning boys," I said shutting the door as I put my bag across my shoulder.

"Morning, Doc. Morning, Rashy," Mason said.

"Morning, Luke. Morning, Mase," Rashy said in reply.

"How come you're here two hours before training starts?" I asked them both.

"Need to leave training early because my family is up from Portsmouth, so the boss said if I come in early and do my training in the gym, and do it well, I can get out early," Mason said.

"I have to drive him because he's still not got his car up from London," Luke said, pointing at Mason.

"Marcus, you woke me up at 4.15 a.m. to pick you up. You could've written in the group chat and asked if someone was coming in early, you idiot," I told Marcus.

"I never asked anyone, I'm sorry, Lex. At least you came to work on time," Marcus said, grabbing his bag and running off.

Yeah, you better run, Marcus. Don't come to my office, Rob can deal with you today," I yelled after Marcus.