Chapter 4

Lucas

My eyes followed her as she walked away from me. Even her ass was perfect! By her walking away, it meant that she was definitely going to be a challenge. I smirked. I liked a challenge. All the girls here were really boring and I can't wait to see how much fun I could have with her.

"Hey dude, what was that?" Ryan asked me, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Are you going after that girl?"

I nodded. "Let's see how long she can stay away from my charms."

Deric walked up to us. "Yeah good luck buddy. She totally just snubbed you." I glared at him.

"That really doesn't mean anything." I answered. "She will come crawling to me soon enough."

"You wanna make a bet on that?" He replied, a glint in his eye.

This was nothing new for us. We liked keeping things interesting, especially considering most of the girls here were easy. So we would make bets on whether or not we could fuck with them in a certain time limit. Usually we gave each other a month but I knew I was going to need longer than that to get to her.

"Yeah, I bet I can get her to fall in love with me before Christmas break." I challenged him.

"Dude, that's way longer than our usual bets! Not fair!" He answered.

"But I bet I could get her to fall in love with me!" I argued. "That's way harder than just getting her to sleep with me! Besides we can bet $700 on it. That way it will be fair."

He smirked at me. "I hope you're ready to lose that money, Luke, because she is never going to fall for you."

"Get ready to see the master work, dumbass." I answered, staring down the hall again. "I'll have her eating out of my hand in no time."

***

The bell sounded, making us get out of our seats on top of our table in the cafeteria. I bent down to pick up my backpack and heard a couple of girls giggle. Well, I had to give them a show didn't I? So I picked up the backpack as slowly as I could, making sure to puff out my arms in my leather jacket as I stood back up. I flashed a smile behind me to them as we left the commons.

"Bro, what class do you have first?" Tony asked me.

"AP Government." I answered. "What do you guys have?"

"Same," Ryan answered.

Deric groaned. "I have AP Calculus. Kill me now." He was by no means dumb but Calculus sucked for anyone. Except for maybe Cody.

"Me and Cody have Financial Lit." Tony replied.

"That just sounds painful." Cody interjected. "Way too boring."

"Shut up." Tony turned to him. "Not everyone is as smart as you are."

They all parted ways to go to their separate classrooms.

"So how are you going to do it?" Ryan asked me.

"Do what?" I turned to him blankly.

"Get Skylar to fall for you." He said. "I mean, you're not hopeless but she seems kind of uptight to me."

"Dude, you haven't even met her." I asked him, confused on how he came to that conclusion.

"Yeah maybe not, but if she wasn't, why didn't she stay to talk to you? She just turned tail and ran."

Outwardly I shrugged. But I realized he was right. She had run away from me. Well, I was going to find out why.

We both stopped at their lockers to grab their books. The nice thing about ruling this school was all of the small favors we got. For example, I sweet talked the secretary, Mrs. Baker, into letting the five of us have our lockers right next to each other, even though it was supposed to be by alphabetical order.

We entered the AP Gov't classroom and immediately I made eye contact with a familiar pair of blue eyes.

Hey guys! I'm hoping you love the story! Lemme know what you think!

Dedicated to LoveEpicLove! Guys, she has a story entitled "Lights, Camera, Kiss me" and this book was one of the reasons I started writing at all. Check it out cuz I promise you won't regret it!!