23. A message by i-phone

The door chimes rang as a customer left, charlie letting his smile drop as he sighed.

He leaned back, a tired expression on his face as he stared up at the circle-ks buzzing ceiling lights. He remembered a thought he had. Those lights would drive him insane eventually. He rembered thinking that, before any of this happened. Before he was shot.

Oh how things have changed in two weeks. It's crazy to think it's only been that long. It really has felt like a lifetime. And as for the lights, Charlie's decided Slimecicle's taken their place. They were going to drive him insane one of these days.

Charlie sighed, yawning as he pushed up his glasses to rub his eyes. He'd barely gotten any sleep last night. I mean, he got home at like, two in the morning and he fell asleep at three, but even then he could barely get a wink.

He supposed it was probably from the fairly traumatic experience of being kidnapped and interrogated, so, there's that. But over all he's just felt bad as well.

I think, everything over the past few weeks has just been to much for him. I mean, first off getting shot and literally dying, that's for sure. But then getting stuck in a crumbling building while running from a fight. Finding out a vigilante is living inside you. Making the stupid decision to try vigilantism and getting caught up with the most dangerous and most feared villians in all of New York. And now he's just trying to get back to living normally.

Maybe it was a good thing he was born powerless. At least that means he can try to keep his life as simple as possible. All powers are good for is drama and causing problems, if you think about it.

Charlie let out a deep breath, deciding to close his eyes and rest as much as possible.

He rested his hands on his stomach as he leaned back, letting out a sigh as he did. Maybe it was a good thing he lost his phone. At least then he doesn't have to be constantly connected and he can actually, really rest.

He laid there for a while, taking slow deep breaths.

He opened his eyes, furrowing his eyebrows as he had a thought.

Who is Slimecicle?

He'd never really questioned it, but he actually didn't know a thing about who they were.

His basic assumption was that, they probably had some sort of permanent monster form power. He's a little unsure about how they brought him back to life, but maybe he just has some, over powered, secondary, healing ability? That is very unlikely but it's really the only explanation.

Biting his lip, charlie contemplated the amount of information he knew about Slimecicle. And when it came down to it, he didnt know anything.

After a moment, charlie gave up trying to make his own assumptions. Turning to his left and staring in the window at his reflection, he called out.

"Hey, slime?" He asked.

Hey, what's up?

Slime asked, appearing almost instantly, directly over Charlie's reflection. He had a nonchalant smile as they sat up in the office chair.

Charlie paused, "uh, well.." he took a breath. "I don't, really know who you are. Or, anything about you. And I guess, if we're gonna be together for a while... it might be a good idea to ask each other a few questions..?" He spoke hesitantly.

Slime looked at him as they tilted their head.

Uuuh, sure! Why not?

What did you want to ask me?

They asked with a cheerful smile.

Charlie forced a smile, turning to fully face the window as he looked at the slime. "Ok, well, I guess first things off what are your pronouns." He asked. "Cause, I never really got confirmation and I just kinda want to check."