Chapter 4

I was sitting at my desk worrying over why Chase is here when Ariana,Cecelia,and........John broke me out of my thoughts.When John looked at me I felt no flush of heat.That's odd I have always had a crush on John since the 5th grade.Maybe I got over that crush.Looking over at Ariana.

               "What is it time already?" I whined.Today was the day we were having our shadow day at Wane high school.Despite its name its not a school were you learn to be batman but that would be awesome.We packed up our stuff and went to our home room to put it away.Before we went outside the principle made a speech but I droned out the noise.

               When we made it outside my eyes nearly  popped out of my head.Holy sheet there's Chase.OMG hes an upper class men mentor alongside three girls.Names were called and I got Chase we stared in shock at each other.Man I get to go to school with the shadow!!!!!!!! We boarded the bus i caught Ariana's eyes and she mouthed "lucky" I mouthed "I know" back at her.

                We climbed the bus and I sat on the window seat with Chase next to me.He feels warm and comforting like a teddy bear.We sat in silence through the whole bus ride to Wane.When we got off.We followed each of our mentors to their next class.I pouted when I saw my friends head off in different directions.Chase grabbed my wrist and took me inside a janitors closet.

"What the heck are doing here Jade?"

My forehead crinkled in confusion.I always figured Chase to be smart but now Im having second thoughts.

"Having my shadow day at Wane la duh."

"No shit Sherlock but this is for eight graders."

i looked at him and a light bulb went off in my head.I placed a hand over my mouth to stifle my laughter.

"You....... thought.........I.......was........in........high...........school."

Chase frowned at me and nodded his head.

"Dude......news......flash......I'm......only......in..........8th......grade."

My stomache started hurting so I took a deep breath to stop the laughing.I busted out in fits of laughter when I saw Chase's face was tomato red.

"Do you have a phone on you?"

Heat crawled up my face.

"I do......but you're going to have to turn around."

"Why?"

"Just do it or no phone."

Chase turned around and I reached under my shirt and I grabbed my phone.

"Chase its safe to turn around."

I handed him the phone.

"Its warm where the heck do you keep it?"

"None of your bees wax."

My face flushed more it felt like my face was on fire.

              Chase dialed a number and started arguing with the other person on the phone.When the little hissy fit was over he handed me my phone back.I told him to turn around but he refused.So I turned around and put the phone back in my bra.When I turned around Chase's face had a tinge of red in it he is cute when he's embarrassed.

                We walked out of the closest and he dragged me to french class.I didn't understand a single word accept wi which means yes but where I'm from its a video game system.Chase dragged me to all his classes but he never spoke to me.At lunch I sat with Ariana,Cecelia,and John.I moped while they babbled about their day.

               I lay my head down and I didn't bother to eat.Heck I didn't even feel like checking out high school guys.Above my head I heard Ariana muttered "Emo mode is on."Yup I suffer from random moments of depression my friends know about it too so they call it emo mode.Though I'm not in emo mode right now just wondering why the heck is Chase acting weird.At the end of the day we went back to school.

               Before school ended I went to the bathroom and took out my phone and put it in my book bag.When school let out I called my parents and told them I would be coming home late today.I walked to Richards and the door was unlocked.I went straight to the bathroom and took off my school clothes revealing the suit underneath then I went to the book case and titled the red book.I went inside the book case but I stumbled upon an argument between Chase and Richard.

"Jade is a girl and only in 8th grade she won't be able to handle this life."

"Chase she may be a girl but she has potential plus its Jade's decision."

I spoke up and my tone was full of anger.

"I may be a girl and fourteen but I can do this."

Chase walked over to me and gripped my shoulders.

"You have no idea what you're getting yourself into."

"frankly I don't give a damn."

"Than give me one hundred push ups."

I grinned I'm still in this.

                       We did allot today he made me do push ups,sit ups,jumping jacks,jump rope,and weight lifting.3 hours later my muscles were as sore as heck.When I was ready to head home I asked Chase what we would by doing tomorrow on Friday.I grinned widely when he said we would be working with weapons.I can't wait to get started.When I got home there was a news exclusive about the shadow.I smiled broadly when I realized that would be me someday.

                         I went to bed that night but I was awoken at midnight by a knock at my bedroom window.I looked out side and It was Chase aka the shadow.(Was gonna stop here but nah I decided not to)He wore black skinny jeans,a silver belt,Black converse,Ninja mouth piece,and a black leather jacket.I opened the window and he climbed through.His serious face was twisted in pain.

                     He collapsed onto my bed.On his arm I saw a rip in his jacket.It was stained with red.I started to panic and so I looked through my stuff and found an old shirt.I raced to the bathroom and found the first aid kit.I tore the shirt into band aid strips.I took off his jacket and underneath there was a black t-shirt.I started treating the 8inch cut.

                      I don't know how deep the cut is so I don't know if it will need stitches.I clean the wound at every pain filled cry I glance at my bedroom door expecting to see my dad burst through the door.When he was bandaged I hid the jacket and blood stained stuff under my sisters mattress thank god she is a scarty cat and refuses to move into my room even thought we already bought her a bed.

               i was going to sleep in my sisters bed since Chase won't wake up and leave but what if my dad checks in on me and sees a boy in my bed.I try to move Chase to my sisters bed but he wont move.So I climb into bed with him.

              My body shield him from sight in case dad peeks into my room.He only peeks then closes the door he doesn't turn on the light .I know because i hear him coming to my room so i turn off the TV and pretend I'm asleep.He just peeked in then closed the door.Holy sheet I hear footsteps.I push Chase's head down under the blanket.I turn my head away from the door and breath evenly.The door opens and.........................................................