An Old Legend

At The Lair

The others jut finished eating dinner.

"Mmm-mmmm, my compliments to the chef." Mikey said to them then he lets out a long burp. "Gross Mikey." Tasneem said to him. "Anyone for dessert?" Mikey asks them making Splinter perk up in delight. "No." Tasneem said to him while the phone starts ringing. "Yes." Splinter said to him making Mikey gets up to get the cake while Donnie answers the phone. "Cowabunga Carl Party Services. Cowabunga, dude." Donnie said to the person on the phone while Cheyenne walks over to him. "Jesse's hurt. You need to get over here." Cheyenne hears April talking fast and frantically. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down, April." Donnie said to her trying to calm her down while Cheyenne leans over Donnie to listen to April. "What happened to Jesse?" Donnie asks her making the others look over at them. "I don't know. she's unconscious an Raph won't say anything." April said to him making Donnie sigh while Cheyenne takes the phone. "We'll be right there." Cheyenne said to her then she hands up before the two look over to their family. 

At Casey and April's Apartment

Raph looks over at Jesse making sure she was okay. "Why did you let her join you?" Casey asks him making Raph look at him. "I have my reasons." Raph said to him as Casey walks over to him. "Name two if them." Casey said to him. "Jamey and I know what I said to Jesse was wrong and I want make things right." Raph said to him. "How about saying sorry?" Casey asks him. "Baby steps." Raph said to him making Casey nod a little.

Later, the others land outside of the apartment and Mikey slid the window open and the group enters. Casey was sitting backwards in a chair, Raph was sitting on the couch, April was kneeling beside Jesse who was lying on her side on the floor with her head on a pillow. "Leo. You came back." April said to him while standing up. "Leo." Case said as Leo was still in the window. "Sorry the reunion isn't under better circumstances." Leo said to them as he jumps in. "Whoa-ho-ho Nice pad, kids." Mikey said to Casey and April while Donnie and Cheyenne walk over to Jesse. "Oh, hey, Raph." Tasneem said to Raph who was glaring at Leo. "You're still here? Go back to your jungle." Raph said to Leo. "Well, at least his personality's still intact." Leo said to them as he walks over to Jesse. Cheyenne presses her fingers on Jesse's neck to check for a pulse. "Well, her vital signs seem to be okay." Cheyenne said to them then Donnie gently pried Jesse's eye open. "Pupil dilation is normal." Donnie said to them while Cheyenne walks over to the table. "Well, is she gonna be all right?" Leo asks Donnie while he places his hand on Jesse's shoulder. "Hey guys." Jesse said to them as she opens her eyes making Leo smile at her. "I'll take that as a yes." Leo said to them as he gives her a hug while Donnie walks over to Cheyenne. Donnie sees that Cheyenne was holding a stone throwing star that was on Raph's shell. "What do you have there?" Donnie asks her. "Some sort of stone. Probably obsidian, I think." Cheyenne said to him as she hands it to Donnie. "And there's an engraving on it. Looks South American. That's your department, April." Donnie said to April while Leo helps Jesse sit up. April walks over to Donnie and Cheyenne and she takes a closer look at the star. "Would it help if I told you that those statues you collected for Winters...were shooting these things at us?" Casey said to them while he holds up the dart that was in Jesse's shoulder. "The legend of Yaotl." April said to them. "It can't be. It was just a myth....a scary story the locals told kids around a campfire." April said to them as she takes the shurikan to look at it.  "Whoa, what are you talking about?" Tasneem asks her. "They say 3,000 years ago, some great warrior....actually found a portal to another dimension. And when the portal opened...the energy from it gave the warrior eternal life. But it also turned his generals to stone. What if this warrior just kept living forever? He would spend the rest of his days in regret...spending all of his riches and all of his power....to find a way to revive his stone generals." April said as Donnie walks over to the table where he examine the dart. "Maybe, just maybe....he's built a new empire. But, hey, like I said, it's just a myth." April said to them. "If you ask me, guys, this has Winters' name written all over it." Donnie said to them making everyone look at him. "How do you figure that, Donnie?" Leo asks him. "Yeah." Casey and Mikey said to him while Cheyenne looks at the dart. "Because this has Winters' name written all over it." Cheyenne said to them. "Now I know who to thank for this shot in the arm." Jesse said to them while rubbing her arm. "So where do we find this guy and his stone jokers?" Raph asks them as he sits down next to Jamey while Leo looks at him. "We're not going anywhere until we get Splinter's blessing." Leo said to him. "You're just gonna stand there and quote a rulebook to me that you ain't been following for a year?" Raph asks him while standing up. "Look, Raph. If you got something you wanna get off your shell, now's the time. But I'm not gonna stand here and debate Splinter's orders with you." Leo said to him. "Look, just give it a rest you two." Jamey said to them as Raph growled. "Fine, then. I quit." Raph said then he walks to the window making Casey follow him. "Hey, Raph. Don't do it, man." Casey said to him while Raph pull back the blinds and open the window. "Sometimes just taking a breather is the best thing to do." Casey said to him while placing his hand on Raph's shoulder. "Whatever." Raph said to him then Raph looks at Jamey who was looking at him. Raph sigh before jumping out of the window and he disappeared from sight.

Jamey was searching the rooftops for Raph later that evening. Jamey then notices Raph gazing down at the streets of New York and moves over to approach him. "Why didn't you defend me? Better yet, explain why you got involved in this when you weren't involved!" Raph yelled at her. "I never said I didn't have your back because you're both right! Second, it is my business since I'm your girlfriend!" Jamey yelled at him. "You weren't being a good girlfriend, though; a good girlfriend would have supported me even when I was mistaken or would have remained silent while I handled the matter." Raph said to her snapping at Jamey. "Why am I, not a good girlfriend? I went above and above for you, battling with you. Yes, there are times when you might be wrong, but I always let you know after we've disagreed so that you won't feel awkward. I disagree with the people who made you wrong even if they are right." Jamey said to him making Raph look away from her. "I had to stand between you and Leo because you two are brothers. You shouldn't be engaging in this kind of combat. You should try to pay heed to Leo since he is right." Jamey said to him making Raph growl even more then he looks at Jamey. "So that's it, then, right? You're just going to support him and walk away from me? You're a traitor, and I believe it would be better for us to part ways." Raph said to her making Jamey walk over to him. "Raph..." Jamey said suddenly Raph pointed his sai at Jamey who steps back. "Raph, be calm." Jamey said to him then Raph's eyes grew softer, and he let go of his sai before scurrying away from her. "Raph!" Jamey calls after him but Raph doesn't stop running away from her.

After a few minutes, Raph stops running and he sits down thinking about what he did to Jamey, she was only trying to help him.