𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴɢʀʏ ʀᴇᴅ ɢᴏᴅ.

-- • ° ☽ ★ ☾ ° • --

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 -
ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴɢʀʏ ʀᴇᴅ ɢᴏᴅ.
ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴᴇ - ᴏᴍᴇɴꜱ

-- • ° ☽ ★ ☾ ° • --

SWORDS CLASHED WITH
an earthly scream that shook the ground they stood upon, vibrations dancing across limbs and making steps faulter with staggering feet. The slamming of a sword against her shield jarred Freyja's teeth and her arm tingled from the impact.

But nevertheless, she grinned, broad and wide like the hits her brother Ragnar directed towards her. There was a glow within her emerald stare, a sense of awe each time she looked at her older brother.

She wanted to be just like him.

She wanted to travel, to explore foreign lands and venture through open seas. She wanted to conquer the world by his side and the gods whispering on her shoulders.

Ragnar's attacks came hard and fast, one hit after the other but Freyja stood her ground as they sparred within the yard of their village in Loidis. They were under close observation by the watchful eyes of their parents and siblings and other overlookers within the small village town, each one invested in the fight between the two of them.

One particularly hard hit made Freyja stumble back but she didn't fall, she never fell and replaced her balance with a humourous grin and stared forwardly over the edge of her shield. "You hit like a girl, brother."

"And you do not hit at all, sister." Ragnar mocked her words with a subtle hum of pursed lips and wiggling brows. "You've yet to swing your sword."

"Perhaps I'm waiting for the right moment." Freyja trailed off with her excuse and danced around him with quick, silent steps that left her boots covered in the sloppy mud of the ground.

Ragnar smiled in amusement and gave a half shrug of his shoulders, twirling the heavy sword in his hand with ease as if it were merely a feather between his fingers. "You have had many opportunities. At this point your enemy will die of boredom."

Freyja kept silent and wordlessly gripped the hilt of her weapon tighter before charging forward in a siege of determination. She raised her sword like an arm attached to her body and swung wide, colliding it against Ragnar's blade.

"Almost." Ragnar teased, his eyes peering down at her from over the blade of his weapon, his large frame practically towering over hers.

"You doubt me." Freyja spoke through the grinding of her teeth, pushing her weight behind the sword and fighting against her brother who's strength easily overpowered her own. She pushed and pushed, using every ounce of her strength that she could and feeling the vein in her forehead swell to the surface.

Her lips curled back to reveal clenched teeth, bone grinding back and forth with the threat of cracking under pressure.

She felt Ragnar's weight on top of her, felt her knees begin to bend before they buckled beneath her and she crashed to the ground.

The sloppy, wet earth painted her knees in dirt, squelching under her collapse and smearing across her trousers.

She rolled out of the way to avoid the sword coming down with her, hearing the tear of fabric as it sliced across her arm and the cold air was immediately exposed to the skin.