The dream

I rolled over and looked at the bedside clock to see that it was 3 in the morning and I was the only one awake since I could hear Tara snore down the hall in the din. She had fallen asleep watching Hoarders and would probably start cleaning the place in the morning since the place is somewhat dirty.

I pulled my covers off my bed as I headed to my window and sat on the bench that I had in front of it. It was one of those rare cold nights and I had my face against the window and was staring out the window as people came home from parties, bars, or late night work.

A couple were fighting over car keys as an ambulance drove by with its lights on. The couple stopped fighting and the girl handed the keys over and broke down and cried in her guy's arms. Watching them made me think of how that could be me in that ambulance.

The front door opened and shut as Aunt got home from work and headed for the kitchen as she dropped her pocket book into a chair at the table. A few minutes later an envelope slid under my door. Without getting up I could see that it was about my next check up at spring break. They had me on a waiting list for any open spots and this might have something in it about that but I didn't feel like getting up. I'll read it in the morning.

I looked back at my clock and saw that it was now 4 and I finally felt sleep coming. It was quite out on the street and in the house. I reached down and grabbed a little angel that I got from amazon. I half knew what I was reaching for as I drafted off to sleep.

I was laying on the floor in the bathroom with blood in the sink and a towel wrapped around me. My hair was sticking to my face as I fought for air ans slowly began to fade away. I couldn't call out for help as laughter ringed out through the apartment coming from the front door. Slowly my eyes closed and I was kneeing next to my body.

No one came to check on me as I yelled for help. I ran through the door and into the din to see Misha talking to Jared and Jensen. No one else was in the house but the guys as I yelled at them and pointed towards the bathroom. I couldn't hear what they were saying and I couldn't hear anything that I was trying to tell them. They kept on laughing as I tried to grab Misha's arm but my hands just went through him.

Suddenly Tara and Kennedy ran out of the bathroom screaming at the guys. The guys turned to them and rushed to the bathroom. Tara pointed to the sink and then me as Misha dropped to the floor beside me. He picked my head up and rested it in his lap as he cried. He brushed my hair away as tears landed on my cold motionless face as Tara and Kennedy explained what happened. He turned to look at the sink and realized why it was there. He said something to Tara and Kennedy but I couldn't make out what. The only think I could read from his lips were “date”.

Misha was looking at me as he cried and suddenly turned to look at me. “Why didn't you tell me! I had a right to know,' he yelled. “Everyone knew but me! I love you more than they do, I had a right to know!”

“I”m sorry, but I didn't want you to be worried all the time. I was trying to do the best thing,” I cried.

“The best thing would have been to tell me! How would you feel if I did this to you? Don't even answer that! I thought you cared about me!”

“I do!”

“No, or you would have told me,” he turned away and continued to cry over my body as he started to rock back and forth. Tara walked into the room and put a hand on Misha's shoulder and he moved my head and stood up.

Kennedy walked in and covered my body with a white sheet and my body slowly began to disappear.

I felled off of the bench and hit the hard wooden floor and pushed myself up. I ran to my closet and grabbed a pear of jeans and a jacket. Hopping with one leg in and trying to get the other one in, I grabbed my keys and headed to the front door.

“Nicole, what are you doing?” Tara said sitting up on the couch watching me.

“I need to go and see Misha,” I said zipping up my pants.

“But it's five in the morning.”

“I don't care, I don't have long. He has to know,” I said running out the door leaving Tara on the couch watching me. I ran out the front door to the building and jumped into my car.

It was five in the morning and his family would be mad if I came banging on their door when I should wait until later on. But on the other hand I might not have later today to tell him, I never know when I might fall over died or end up in the hospital unable to talk or breath on my own. I started up the car and pulled out of my parking spot and drove over to Misha's mother's place.

About twenty minutes later I pulled up to his mother's place and ran up to the house and knocked on the door. Kaitlin opened the door after the third loud knock. “Is everything ok?” she asked worried when she saw me jumping from foot to foot.

“Is Misha home?” I asked. She didn't answer but stepped aside and pointed upstairs.

“Second door to the left,” she said as I rushed up the stairs. Someone down the hall opened their door and poked their head out and saw me.

“Nice to finally meet you,” an old man said as I knocked on Misha's door. I heard a thud come from behind the door and a messy hair Misha opened the door holding the back of his head. I threw my arms around his neck and started to cry. He didn't ask what was wrong or why I was at his bedroom door at 5 in the morning, he just held me in his arms as I cried. Slowly he pulled me into his room and closed the door and laid me to his bed as he sat me down holding me.