Chapter 1

I watched the news and saw Flash has saved another person. He's my favorite hero in the entire world! I knew at some point I had to tell him about my powers but...could I? I had left Central City after Flash had saved me. Well, more like my mom was determined to get me away from these people. I went to law school so I could be a cop. I moved back here yesterday and today I'll be working with Joe West. I got up and forced my speed not to react to me wanting to get there quickly.

I got there in thirty minutes without using it. I walked over to Joe. "Hi, I'm Tina," I said with a smile.

Joe smiled. "Hello. Are you ready to get to work?"

I nodded. "Definitely." We took his car to the crime scene.

The ME looked up. "We have no idea how the victim died."

Joe nodded. "Let me make a call." He walked away.

I knelt and looked at the body. "Could he have been electrocuted?" I asked the ME.

He thought for a moment. "It's possible."

Zoom probably did this, I thought to myself. "It would have to be close to the heart, right?"

"Not really. You can be hit with electricity anywhere on your body and be killed."

I nodded even though I was pretty sure the victim got hit in the heart. "So say he gets hit in the leg. That could kill him?" Joe was standing back listening to the conversation.

"If it's a lot of electricity, yes."

Someone walked in and Joe started talking to him. "I still think he got hit in the heart though," I said.

The ME frowned. "Why?"

I stood. "It's just a feeling I have."

"Really?" A male voice said behind me.

I whirled and saw it was the guy Joe had been talking to. I nodded. "Yes."

"Barry, this is Tina Pole. Tina, this is Barry Allan," Joe said.

I inclined my head. "Nice to meet you."

"Likewise," Barry replied. "How are you so sure it was electrocution?"

"Like I said, it's just a feeling I have."

He nodded. "Everyone has those feelings every now and then."

"True." I bit my lip. "It's mostly because of what happened when I was three that made me think the victim was shocked or something."

He looked at me with interest. "What happened?"

I looked around. "Can we talk about this somewhere else?"

"Will you still tell me and Joe?"

"Yes." I don't know why I want to but I really do. We drove to a cafe. My mouth twitched. "Nice."

We sat at a table and ordered coffee. "So?" Barry said.

I sighed. "When I was three Zoom killed my father with...I'm not sure what it is. But I think it was some kind of electrocution. He did it right at my father's heart. Then Zoom grabbed me and left. I was glad he left my mom alone." I smiled a little. "He didn't get far before Flash showed up and saved me. He returned me to my mom and we left Central City the next day." Barry's eyes had filled with anger but I was sure it wasn't directed at me.

"Why did he want you?" He asked.

I looked down. "I...I can't tell you. I'm sure I'll have to tell Flash but I can't tell anyone else. Mostly because I don't know who works for Zoom."

Joe nodded. "Smart. I know Flash. So does Barry. We're friends with him. If you tell us we'll tell him."

I winced and looked around nervously. "I have...powers and speed like Flash."

"What sort of powers?" He looked surprised.

"Other than being a speedster, I have ice, fire, water, invisibility, I can control the weather, and earth."

He nodded. "He wants to use those powers for himself."

I nodded. "I think he wanted to take them from me before I learned to control them. It's too late now and I want to help take him down."

"Uh, that's a little dangerous," Joe said.

I snorted. "I know but I still want to."

"We'll see if Flash wants your help. If he doesn't then..."

I looked at Joe in the eye. "If he doesn't, I'll do it on my own. He killed my dad. I will make him pay for that."

Barry was watching me closely. "We'll talk to him." He stood and Joe did too. "We'll let you know what he says." They left. Um, did they forget I came in Joe's car? I sighed as I stood. Looks like I'm going to have to walk. I started off watching all the cars and I kept scanning my surroundings.

There was yellow light and then Flash was standing in front of me. I stopped walking. "That was quick," I muttered.

"Was it? You asked them to tell me." Flash said.

"Actually they offered," I said pointedly.

"And you said yes."

"So? Will you let me help or not?"

"They said I saved you."

"You did."

"I remember."

"Then why did you bring that up?"

"Just trying to remember if I saw lightning in your eyes or not."

"Probably not," I muttered. "I didn't even know I had it back then. It took two years before I knew."

"I see. You do know that you'll have to know my identity to be a part of the team."

"I'm aware."

"Are you sure? You'll have to keep it a secret."

I glared. "I know!"

He watched me for a little while. "Okay. I'll accept your help. Though you'll need a suit and a name."

"The suit should be black with yellow and I'll be called Night Flash. Sound good?" I said.

He frowned. "You planned this out a while ago, didn't you?"

"Maybe," I muttered. "Anyway, now you should tell me your identity."

He shook his head. "Not here."

I bit my lip. "Where?"

He smiled. "Follow me." He zipped away. I groaned. Time to use my speed and I followed him. I caught up to him and was literally as fast as him. Cool.

We went into the S.T.A.R Laboratory. We went in and he took off his hood. I froze. "Barry?"

He looked at me. "Yes."

"So you like talking about yourself," I muttered.

He shook his head. "It's necessary. People can't know who I am."

I rolled my eyes. "No kidding. All heroes hide their identities."

He sighed. "Come meet the rest of the team." He led the way. "That's Cisco, Caitlyn, Dr. Wells, Iris, and you know Joe." He pointed to them as he said their names.

I snorted. "Obviously I know him. I work with him."

He smirked. "And this is Tina. She's going to be a Flash too. Night Flash is what she wants her name to be."