Bloody destiny

*╔═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╗*

Warning: Misogyny, you got manipulated? Oops?

" This isn't going to end well. "

" Be more confident, your highness! You are the blossoming magnolia of the kingdom. Everyone held you in high regard! There is nothing to be nervous of! "

Walking to the training ground with Mandarine by my side, I was quite nervous at performing my first official royal duty in the body of the princess. Fortunately, I just needed to oversee the training of the royal guards and have a quick chat with them. Saying it like this, there was no way to fuck this up. That's why I tried to put every chance to my side as I eyed the basket the maid was holding.

Earlier, I made sure to pass by the kitchen and prepare enough lemonade to quench the thirst of all the poor guys training under this blazing sun. That way, I will be in their good grace. It's important not just to win the concubines over but also to the castle's people. After all, even if those thirteen men are my main doom bringer. I can't forget that the plot is about the princess and the prince fighting for the throne, so of course, I have to gain the most support. Somehow, I feel like a politician during the campaign period.

" Princess Y/n, I'm surprised by your choice of bringing beverages to the guards. I'm sure they will be grateful and even more motivated to work harder after receiving such a gift made by your hand! Ah! I wonder what Sir Chan will think of it? I'm sure he will be the most pleased by your attention, princess! "

" Lee Chan... "

That man was the youngest of the concubines and also one of the sons of current captain. Trying to remember what Wonwoo told me about him, it seems that he is part of a batch of triplets, his two other brothers named Mark and Haechan are royal guards competing with him to be the next captain. Other than that, the doctor didn't truly tell me anything more. However, speaking of the man. Mandarine gave me a letter earlier when I joined her, claiming Wonwoo asked her to transmit it to me. I didn't really glance at it yet. Taking the paper out of my pocket, I carefully unfolded it and read the content while being careful of my surroundings.

' Greetings your highness,
I will keep this note short. I simply wished to inform you and give you advice considering this is your first official task since you woke up. Overseeing the guards' training isn't difficult. You simply have to stand to the side and watch them go through their daily drill and afterward have a chat with them. Hopefully, such a task shouldn't ask for too much of your skills. However, one of your concubine, Lee Chan, will be there, so please, and I cannot stress this enough, please, do not approach or interact with him of your own volition. I beg of you for your own safety, princess. If you can avoid interacting with him, do not engage. You will find yourself in a threatening position if you do. And I don't believe I will be able to help you then.
- Jeon Wonwoo. '