Talk

Summary: After Owen and Gwyn left the hospital Carlos stays with TK a little longer to keep him company and talk
Missing scene from 2x08

"Sorry for them" TK says when his dad closed the door to the room. His parents just said goodbye and left. "You know I like them and you like them too no matter how they behave" Carlos laughs and stands up to sit down again on the edge of the bed where Gwyn sat before.

He takes TK's hand in his and sighs unconciously, catching the other man's attention "Are you okay?". "Shouldn't I ask you that?" the cop asks but TK shakes his head "I think mom and dad took care of that enough. I'm good. What about you?". Again Carlos sighs "Today was just kinda rough. Overall. I'm just glad we can talk now because that's all I wanted to do today".

"Then talk. What got you so upset?" TK asks, scooting over so his boyfriend can sit down next to him. "You heard about the man who robbed the bank and the fire. I let the man at the bank go. Trust my gut you know? I mean I was right in the end but my father got the case. Wasn't fun and I got suspended. Now I'm probably back at work but not until I hear from my father.

I was at the station to talk to you but you were out on a medical call. I talked to your dad and it helped a little bit. At home I waited for you to come home for dinner. I made everything look nice but then I got worried. You know the rest. I went to your dad and we went searching for you" Carlos tells. Damn he really needed that.

Smiling softly TK takes his boyfriends hand "You're feeling better now?". "Now that we found you and everything turned out fine I'd say yes I do". Carlos nods and kisses the back of his boyfriends hand. He feels much better "How are you feeling about your mom leaving? With everything you got to know today?".

"I think it's good for her to go back to New York. Sure I was really happy having her here but she belongs to New York and since the baby's not my dad's it's probably for the better. I still make her visit us. Especially when my baby brother's born" TK tells with a smile spreading on his lips. "I think you will make a great big brother" Carlos answers.

He let's go of TK's hand and instead wraps an arm around him. The other man turns his head to his boyfriend, both leaning in for a kiss. It's soft and filled with love but not lasting too long. "I really thought I could safe us in the restaurant. Nancy, Cap and me. But the dude really knocked me out so that was it.

For a second I really thought we wouldn't get out and everything's kind of blurry. Then you and dad came and I knew we will make it and we will get out" TK continues. "Gwyn said you went quiet after she told you and we got really worried that you did something bad again" Carlos tells "I mean this isn't good either but you didn't relapsed and that's good".

"That's really good" TK agrees. He yawns and cuddles closer into his boyfriends arms "So I know you want to get back to work but I don't think you'll hear from your father with details about your suspension until sometime tomorrow. I can go home tomorrow. We could spend the day on the couch, watching movies and just relax for one day? After today we both earned a day like this". "I pick oyu up and we go to my place. Just tell me when you can go" Carlos nods.

"Now you're tired, you had a long day and you need to rest. It's also getting late so try to get some sleep baby" the cop says. "You're staying here a little longer right?" TK asks with a pout that makes the other man laugh "Until you're asleep".

With that TK is okay so Carlos kisses him good night and his fingers trace up and down TK's arm until the man has fallen asleep. Only when Carlos is sure that TK sleeps he kisses his cheek softly again before standing up, turning off the light and leaving "See you tomorrow TK".