Chapter 34

This is the song they dance to later in the chapter, the female is America, and the male is Russia.

America pov.

"It's a snow day!" Yorkie yelled, waking up the household. His siblings didn't take long to get up and get ready to enjoy the outdoors for the day. I look over and smile at the now awake Russian.

"Morning Meric." He greeted softly.

"Morning Russ." I replied cheerfully. "Ready for our date?" I asked him carefully.

"Yes, I need to grab somethings before we leave, I won't be long." He replied kindly.

"Alright, the skates are in the closet by the porch, I'll show you the rink, and the perfect spot for a picnic while we're out." I told him, finding what i wanted to wear for the day. Once I had made sure he had done the same I went into the bathroom and started changing. Once I had finished changing and looked in the mirror making sure everything was perfect, I smiled softly and leaned on the wall waiting for Russ to finish changing.

"I'm done Meric, I'll go get the food ready for the picnic, and grab our skates." Russia told me from the room.

"I'll come with you, I'd rather not be alone currently." I told him leaving the bathroom, my ice skating suit on full display. I felt his stare look over me and I flushed slightly looking away. [A/n(for the ice skating suits, for both Ame and Russ, think Yuri and Victor from Yuri on ice, I couldn't find any pictures I liked for the suits.) Thank you]

"You look beautiful Meric." Russia told me gently, walking over and gently moving my head to face him.

"Thank you Ruski, you look beautiful as well." I replied softly, admiring how well his clothes fit, and how his hair framed his eyes beautifully. When I finally caught myself staring at him, I looked away, my face flushed darker slightly. His hand brushed my cheek gently, coaxing me to look at him again.

"May I?" He asked quietly, making eye contact, showing sincerity and love in his eyes. I leaned into him carefully, maintaining the gentle eye contact. I nodded in the affirmative and we both leaned in. Once our lips met, the sparks came back and we melted into each other completely. Russ bit my lip gently asking for entrance, I pulled away slightly. He looked at me confused. "Something wrong Meric?" He asked.

"No, it's just a bit too early for that right now Russ, I'm sorry." I told him gently, pulling away from the hug a bit.

"I should be the one apologizing Meric, I didn't mean to push you." He replied softly. I smiled softly and hugged him.

"Thanks for understanding Russ." I spoke quietly. He hugged me back and started to sway softly. "We should finish getting ready Russ. It's a good 30 minute trip by car. I'll get the picnic basket and blankets, you said you'd cover the food?" I questioned him.

"Yeah, let's finish getting ready, I'll meet you by the front door or the porch?" He asked.

"Meet me out back once you've got the food ready, I'll have one of the kids bring you the basket." I told him gently, pulling away from the hug and walking to a corner and pulled on some snow boots. "See you soon?" I asked softly.

"Yes Meric." Russia told me, going walk out, kissing my head on the way out of the room. I giggled slightly and followed him out. Once we made it to the living room we split up and I grabbed the skates and and passed Dela the picnic basket, telling him to give it to Russ and that he was in the kitchen. He quickly did as told noticing my attire, smiling softly.

"Have fun out there dad." He told me, running the basket to Russ. I smiled at him and made sure to grab my violin as well. Once I got everything on my end, I went outside and pulled out my snowmobile from the shed, and set everything up on it, while I wait for Russ to finish up inside. After a few minutes of waiting Brazil walks up, as I lean on the snowmobile.

"You look good Ame, why are you all dressed up? Is it for me?" The Brazilian asked coyly, a smug smile on his face.

"Brazil, this isn't for you, I'm waiting on my boyfriend to finish preparing lunch for our date today, and I'm not going to let you ruin the mood." I replied boredly. It didn't take much longer for Russ to come outside and see us. He quickly walked over and set the basket down on the snowmobile.

"What are you doing here Brazil? I thought you didn't like the cold?" Russia asked the Brazilian. Brazil scoffed and walked inside.

"Ready Ruski?" I asked turning to him.

"Yes I'm ready Meric, is this what we're taking?" He asked me, slightly confused.

"Yup, now hop on and let's go." I told him, boarding the snowmobile. He followed suit and sat down behind me, I passed him a helmet, a pair of goggles and a mask. "Put those on before we start moving, the snow will blind you otherwise." I warned him. I quickly put on my set of goggles and mask, putting my helmet on last.

"Done Meric." Russia told me, I looked behind me and checked nodding at him before starting the mobile. Once I took off, I felt Russ put his arms around my waist, holding on tightly. I smiled softly under the mask and drove over to the one spot the kids except NASA, Maple, Goldie and Dixie, didn't know about. Once we got there, we set up the picnic area and I set my violin out to the side for later.

"Did you want to skate first, or eat first?" I asked him.

"We can skate first Meric, the food is for later anyway." Russia replied softly. I nodded and passed him a pair of skates. He thanked me taking the skates and putting them on, with me quickly doing the same. Once we had gotten our skates on, I led him to the ice rink that was out here. Once we made it on the ice, we started skating finding each others rhythm. Once we found it and started dancing without music, smiling brightly at each other. I stopped for a minute and turned on some music for us to dance to. As we danced together, I noticed that Russ was getting distracted by something and only kept his eyes on me. As the song ended and we stopped dance, he pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged him back immediately and smiled up at him. Russ pulled away from the hug slightly and cupped my cheek gently. I leaned into his touch, still smiling up at him. "Meric, you did beautifully, I couldn't look away, I love everything about you, your eyes, your personality, I love you, all of you." Russia told me, looking away slightly.