author's note

W E C L O M E

___

I have really debated whether or not to write this story the past year. There have been two other books that were supposed to be the first book to this one, a spin-off / and or sequel but I couldn't seem to get the first two right.

But I'm absolutely in love with this world I've created and I wouldn't be doing it justice if I didn't write this story because it is beautiful and unlike anything else I've created.

I know that enemies to lovers is a very common trope and often times, well to me, loses its affect when it's actually DEEMED an enemies to lovers story.

It's better when you have no idea who the main character will end up with, the anticipation of it all.

But this is a enemies to lovers.

H O W E V E R ,

both main characters will be engaged in OTHER relationships with other characters for a good chunk of the story. I think it's incredibly normal to have multiple relationships in one's life, especially since half of these characters are teenagers/young adults.

I hate love triangles as much as the next. Especially since it's always obvious, but that's not what this is. Every character is simply connected in some way.

I like to put my characters in different relationships because it's normal.

People are connected all the time and I love all the different dynamics each relationship will have.

Not saying that everyone is just going to go around kissing and dating everyone , but there will be chermisty between characters ON PURPOSE.

I promise it won't be a love affair where everyone is just in love with everyone, I just mean that there will be many flirtations, connections and perhaps, a few kisses between characters who aren't one of the main two.

Though, the side characters do have relationships of their own that doesn't involve Alyra and Kaius, that will be a little focused on because I love side characters and I love making them complex and giving them screentime :)

One more thing,

PLEASE make sure to read carefully. There will be little things sprinkled in that will later have big implications for the plot, everything is important!

Or if you're just reading for the drama and mischief and the sword to throat scenes, that's fine too :)

But with that being said, thank you all for choosing to read this story and I hope that you enjoy it and I hope that it makes you feel something while reading.

And if this story is not for you, that's perfectly okay too <3

ALSO ,

AURICS , are beings that I have created entirely on my own, so their lore will have to be explained in HEAVY details throughout the story more than others.

THIS IS A FANTASY BOOK , the things characters may do might no align with what human beings perceive as normal or good and bad!