11: Anything She Says

*Bradford*
*Monday morning*

Tim really didn't want to return to Mid-Wilshire that following Monday morning. That's a lie, he absolutely did want to go back, he had only wished that Lucy was going back with him. Alas, she had made her way to Metro when he left for Mid. Tamara was doing her classes from home so she was home with Jaclyn.

He did smile though as he went to get his backpack out of his backseat, and he saw Jaclyn's car seat. He also thought back to yesterday when they had gone to his place to get more stuff to leave at Lucy's, including a second pair of boots. What had made him even more happy was that they'd taken some of her stuff to his home. While Tim was overjoyed with this development, he still had a few issues.

On one hand there was the fact that he had no baby stuff at his place, so it's not like Jaclyn could stay there and the other bedroom remained empty so it's not like Tamara could or would want to stay. And on the other hand, he had been so happy with everything going on, that he hadn't talked to Lucy about Chris yet. And, as he would have guessed, that was exactly what Lopez wanted to talk about the moment he walked out of the locker room.

"So, is Luce still going on a date with another dude?" He scowled down at her as they walked towards the bullpen.

"Uhh.."

"You don't know, do you? You chickened out, didn't you?" Angela gave him a look. Tim sighed and rolled his eyes.

"I didn't chicken out, Lopez..."

"Sergeant Bradford is a brave man. He would not chicken out, ever. Welcome back, Sergeant." Tim pinched the bridge of his nose. He knew it was a Monday and Monday sucked, but it was too early for this. "Officer Presley." Tim addressed his very flirty boot in a curt tone.

"Our shop is set up, just the way you like it. And here's your coffee, black." She handed him a cup as Angela made a gagging noise. Both Tim and Delilah shot her a look.

"We aren't done talking about this, Bradford!" Angela called out to him as she walked away. Tim turned to start walking towards the roll call room, he was not in the mood to deal with Delilah yet, unfortunately she caught up with him.

"So, how was your weekend? Did you do anything interesting or fun? My roommates and I went to this awesome rave.."

"Boot!" Tim cut her off, stopping suddenly, causing Delilah to bump him slightly, spilling his coffee a bit. Tim let out an exasperated groan. "I don't do personal talk with my rookies. I do not care what you do outside this station. Is that clear?" He stared down at her, he could tell she was nervous as she swallowed hard.

Delilah nodded. "Yes, sir."

"Good. Go grab your seat in the front row boot!" He gestured towards the room for roll call. He smiled as she ran. Sure, he was being harsh, but this was his favorite part of being an F.T.O, it was how he did things. He may have been a little out of line, considering how much he had cared about Lucy and everything she did when she was his rookie, but Chen was different... and she still was.

"Bradford!" He turned to see Grey in the door of his office. Making his way over he entered and allowed Grey to close the door. He made a point to throw away the gifted coffee before folding his arms over his chest.

"Welcome back to Mid, Bradford, we'll be happy to have you back on our streets. How's that little girl of yours?" Grey sat down at his desk, motioning for Tim to sit.

"Thank you, sir. It's good to be back. And baby boot is amazing. I'm in awe of her."

"But?" Of course Wade had heard the hesitation in his voice. "What's on your mind, son?"