Well that's a bit awkward

"I believe you forgot these?" He smiled at her, handing her the ladybug earrings.

Marinette gasped and quickly but then on and hugged Tikki to her cheek.

"Could you guys um..." Marinette gestured for her family to leave.

They all eventually left but Lois and Clark took a little longer than the others.

"Why are you acting like that with them?" Adrien frowned. "You were furious with them! You could barely look your dad in the eye! Mari I've only seen you cry four times and all of them were about your family. What's going on?" He sat down next to her, careful not to nudge her too much because of her wound.

"Because it was nice to pretend everything was okay!" She teared up. "It was nice to pretend that I was never ignored because my brother's deserved more attention because it hurts so much to think about! I missed them... I love them... And my mom hugged me. They smiled at me... They were worried about me. I just... Wanted to live like that for a while..."

Adrien carefully hugged her. "I get that Mari... But you know if you pretend then it will all blow up later... you'll remember everything... You can't forgive them without properly talking to them... They really hurt you Mari, that's not something you can just forget and you know it..."

Marinette leaned into him. "You're right... I know you are... I can't just ignore it. But that doesn't matter now. My only focus is getting better so I can get back to Paris. I know who Hawkmoth is but I need to find proof before I tell you."

Adrien blinked at her, worried, "fine... Okay we'll focus on getting you better. Then you'll come back to your family after he's gone and work things out okay? Promise me."

Marinette sighed. "Fine."

"I'll come back with you" he smiled.

Marinette relaxed a bit. "Thank you kitty." She leaned her head on his shoulder

Outside, Clark, Jon and Konner were starting to cry. Knowing they hurt her, knowing she wanted to get back to Paris as soon as possible but also at the fact that she was willing to give them a chance.

Lois looked between them. "What is it? What's wrong? What did you hear?"

Clark walked over and hugged her, explaining everything they overheard.

By the end, Lois too was crying.

Damien frowned, as far as he was concerned everything they stated was perfectly reasonable.

"I'll start making dinner." Lois wiped her eyes and went to start cooking.

Marinette and Adrien came down, deciding that she would act civil but not like family, she sat in her usual place at the table.

Jon went to sit in his usual seat next to her but Adrien got there first and glared slightly at him.

Jon didn't fight back and went to sit opposite instead, next to Konner.

Kara took a seat on the other side of Marinette and Damien begrudgingly sat next to Jon.

Clark and Lois took their respective seats on either end of the table.

Throughout the dinner, no one said much.

No one wanted to start fights or breakdowns.

Everyone was tense. Everyone was nervous.

Besides Adrien and Damien that is...

Marinette gave up on considering the fact she was with her family and began to plan how to take Hawkmoth down. She straightened up. "I got it! I know what I need to do!" She declared.

"But you aren't doing it yet right?" Adrien said through grit teeth. "You have gone into far too many fights with a bad injury. You are not fighting Hawkmoth like this." Adrien crossed his arms.

"You've gone into fights this injured before!?" Clark sat up.

"It's not big deal. I was fine. But yeah... I should wait..." She frowned again. "I'm going to sunbathe." She got up from the table and went out the back door, flying up to the roof, using as little energy as possible. She lay flat on the roof and closed her eyes. "Tikki, could you work your magic a bit too?"

"I'm affraid I've already done all that I could Marinette."

"It's okay Tikki, thank you."

While Adrien was tearing into the Kent family, Damien left to follow Marinette, it took him a while to get onto the roof, but when he did he lay next to her and held her hand. "You're doing amazing angel."

She smiled slightly and turned her head to look at him. "Thank you. And thanks for coming up here."

"Of course."

..~~..

"Do you have any idea what you put her through?" Adrien crossed his arms.

"Adrien, maybe not now-" Kara tried.

"Yes now! They need to hear this! They treated her horribly! Then you-" he glared at Clark, "didn't even recognize her! And she even thinks It's her fault for not being impressive enough for you! You're all jerks and you need to know it." Adrien narrowed his eyes.

Lois looked down at her hands.

Jon seemed to be trying to come up with a defense but there really wasn't any.

Clark clenched his fists and set his jaw.

And Konner... He scoffed.

"What was that?"

"I didn't do anything to her! She was my baby sister I love her!"

Adrien frowned. "She did have less to say about you than she did about the others but she wasn't really singing your praises either."

Konner looked away and sank into his chair.

"We know Chat Noir..." Lois said quietly.

He looked over at her in slight surprise.

"We were awful parents and there won't be a day that we won't think about it." Clark looked up at him.

"We will do anything to make things better." Jon teared up. "Anything!"

Konner nodded. "I love my little star and I won't let her go again."

Kara smiled at them all, glad that they were willing.

Adrien watched them all carefully. "If you hurt her, you make a lot of enemies but... I'll give you a chance and I know she wants to as well."