7) Petal

He had reached a conclusion, one he should have admitted and stopped on a lot of time back but he kept stalling the part

He had reached a conclusion, one he should have admitted and stopped on a lot of time back but he kept stalling the part. Giving reasons, most of them were excuses to his mind on why he shouldn't be doing this. Some of them came out to be rational but most, they were bullshit he tried to believe.

Picking the handset, he dialed the three-digit code which connected him to the lawyer's office, his legal advisor – Chaitanya Rathore.

"Yes, boss" The tone taunted him playfully.

"I need to file a lawsuit. Check your mail." He provided the reason and heard shuffling, the clicks had him lean against the chair and close his eyes.

"I have admired you always, Bhai. Wanting to be like you every time but I promise, I won't be a husband like you."

The words pricked his heart.

What was he doing?

Punishing someone innocent for what he had been going through, was not heartless?

He may be cold, shrewd too, but he wasn't heartless. Something he was to her from the very day of his marriage.

Their marriage.

"Oh, this will be big."

He heard the amazement.

"So much happened, do I live under a rock?" The lawyer admonished himself.

"Rathore, make Arushi Bajaj regret this her entire life." He commanded.

"You got that, babe."

Anirudh rolled his eyes hanging up, his legal advisor was a freak hidden in his tailored 3-piece suit.

Someone he had hired and was suffering the burn since then.

Loosening his tie, he pushed up the chair. It was time he mended certain things, one of them was earning a second chance.

Before, he didn't want to give in to her demand for a separation fearing society and his years-long belief that divorces weren't meant to happen. He had tried his way to prolong the conversation as long as he could, listening to her kicking and screaming at his door when he first refused her.

The next day, he had controlled the urge to outright refuse when she stood with her packed bags, she wanted to be free of him and he felt a rage crawling up as she tried to leave.

He didn't take people walking out of his life quickly.

He had let one walk out and he couldn't forget the day he let them choose everyone above him.

He sat near her when she complained in temple. Her tears made him feel guilty but today her eyes did not accuse him but herself. Something changed today and he couldn't point out what it was, but he couldn't let her walk away again.