"Nope," I say.

"Oh come on madi it's only a bit of fun," Carter exclaims.

"Uh uh, not gonna happen,"
"you can't just spring your friends on me with no notice"
I cross my arms to look stronger but it's ineffective on my 6"1 twin brother. How rude of him to take all the tall jeans. I'm not short but he still practically towers over my 5"6 and a half self.

"Too late," he says with a smirk on his face. i swear he smirks so often it's just his resting face at this point.

I shoot him a confused look and he continues.
"they're already on their way".

"you've got to be joking me," I say in a huff.

I sprint upstairs and grab my phone to call the renee. No way was I about to be alone with all of the guys. Don't get me wrong, they are decent people - with a few exceptions -, but they are a bunch of jocks who will probably start making fun of me and my lack of sports knowledge no matter the conversation topic if I am left alone with them for too long.

The doorbell rings as me and carter are lying on the couch eating chips.

"Not it!" I shout with a grin on my face.

Carter slouchily gets up and answers the door.

Thankfully it's the Renee and Lexi first. They push past carter as he opens the door and hop on the couch as soon as they come in.

"Hello to you too," he says sarcastically as he goes to close the door, but stops when it's shoved open by Matt with Nathan walking behind him.

Matt stops in his tracks with a confused look on his face, causing Nathan to almost walk right into him, but he narrowly dodges him and walks over to Carter.

Matt still stuck in place says "Since when are the girls coming over, I thought this was some bro time".

"Change of plans" Carter says while glaring over at me. I over exaggerate my smile back to him.

"don't say 'bro time' ever again" Nathan says rolling his eyes at Matt.

Matt just shrugs and plops himself down on the couch.

This is our little gang.
Carter and Nathan have been best friends since forever, I met Renee and Lexi in middle school and us three have been inseparable ever since.

Matt became friends with Carter in freshman year and he is kinda the reason we are all a group now.

He briefly dated lexi as sophomores (they mutually broke up after about a month), we became a crew during that time and just never stopped. Now we are juniors and even after not knowing Matt for very long, he fits right in easily because of how outgoing he is. If anyone saw us walking around, it wouldn't be easy to tell we only became a proper crew last year.

Carter snatches the remote from my hand and runs over to the couch.

I roll my eyes as he starts to flick through the different netflix movies, Matt giving his own predictions on what will happen in each after the 5 second preview on each one.

I walk over to the kitchen. "Anyone want popcorn", I shout over to them, but get no response as Renee and Matt debate on what harry potter movie is the best.

I roll my eyes and grab a can of sprite out of the fridge, not bothered to make popcorn.

I walk over to the living room as Nathan walks out of the bathroom.

I glance over to him and then back to the living room.

I spot the only space left on the couch and look over at Nathan to see him looking at me with a competitive look in his eyes. We both race over to the couch. I leap into the empty space and look at him. I stick out my tongue at him and he glares at me.