Twelve.

Sunday flew by. Monday morning came in seconds, and I was truly horrified. The Avox summoned me, and soon I was with Cinna. It was my only comfort. The hovercraft ride was long, I had gotten antsy. When the attendant placed my tracker, I barely even felt it, my eyes were occupied on the clouds outside. How far was this Arena? What was this Arena? I didn't even want to think about it.

We eventually landed, the attendants ushering us underground. The Stockyard, we called it in 12. It's where they would prepared us for the Games. Like cows to slaughter. I was the only girl from 12 who'd see these walls, these halls. They'd be preserved and used for tours. So the rich citizens of the Capitol could reminisce of where we traveled before death.

The room was sterile and cold, just like the Remake Center. A small couch, a table, a bathroom, and my tube. The elevator that would carry me to Arena. My outfit hung in a back off to the side. Cinna let me shower and brush my teeth, before pulling my hair back in two braids tight against my scalp. My outfit came next. Brown shorts with lots of pockets, a white sleeveless top, sturdy brown boots and a large green jacket made of a light material. " I'm guessing warm. Not desert. Not with boots like this. Possibly similar to District 8, they have some pretty crazy mountains to the West."

Cool. Mountains. If it's anything like 12, I'd know vaguely what I can eat. My dad taught me a few berries, but outside of that I was relying on the few things I learned in training.

It was a horrible hour. Cinna was forcing me to eat and drink. He didn't want me to get dehydrated in there. The food, god I'd miss this food. I guess roast chicken and potatoes covered white, cheesy gravy isn't the worst last meal. I probably drank a gallon of water, mostly out of fear. Fear of dying slowly from thirst.

" Please prepare for ascension in 60 seconds." A robotic, female voice said.

I squeezed my eyes shut, shaking my head, " Is it horrible I want to jump off my podium and just blow myself up? It'll be quicker."

Cinna held my hands, " You're more of a fighter than that. Don't die in a way that'll make them forget how much of a star you are."

He lead my to my podium, my breathing quickening, " Cinna, I think I'd rather let them shoot me."

" Relax," He had his hands on my shoulders, " We are so proud of you. Give them the best show they've ever seen."

With one last kiss on my forehead, the glass of the elevator separated us. I began rising, doing my best to talk myself out of letting the mines underneath my podium blow me to bits. I think the idea of Peeta seeing that is what kept me from deciding. After an eternity, the sun blinded my eyes.

The forests were unfamiliar. The trees were very thick together, surrounding the large clearing. I looked, seeing the uphill of the forest become more barren, I couldn't see very far. Behind me, I saw a large lake, endless. It went for miles, the trees getting shorter as it went on. " Ladies and gentlemen!" Claudius Templesmith's voice boomed, " Welcome to the 75th Hunger Games!"

Directly to my right was boy from 3, to my left the girl from 8. Both of them, despite also being volunteers, looked scared out of their wits. Haldin was a few people down to my right, Peeta was across from me, the other side of the Cornucopia. I couldn't see Abel. The Cornucopia was somehow more grand, the gold seeming gaudier and thicker than usual. It was piled high. Weapons, axes, maces, swords, backpacks and so many items that would make this so much easier. My eyes looked towards a few backpacks near Peeta. He nodded at me, motioning his head to the uphill behind him. I nodded back. I glanced to Haldin, he wasn't even looking at me. 10, 9, 8...

I did my best to steady my breathing. I couldn't panic. Panic would get me killed. Panic is the enemy. 7, 6, 5...

I took one last deep breath, my eyes locking on a large black backpack. That was mine. I needed it. I saw an axe. I saw a knife. I didn't even dare to go into the Bloodbath. I didn't dare try and get a sword. Not with the Careers licking their lips.