5.

Starla's POV

"UNO OUT!" I yelled as Romeo had to take a shot of liquor, for losing.

"Yeah I'm done with this game." He laughed

"Babe, this is only your second game losing to my four." I laughed.

"I shouldn't have lost at all."

We both continued laughing.

I stood up to go check on dinner.

While checking on dinner, my mind started to think about Gary and his new girlfriend.

How is it that I'm supposed to be okay with him having a new girl, but yet he never makes time for me?

Yes we are poly, but when it comes to poly everyone has to communicate and everyone should be on the same page.

Should ... be.

I'm not sure Gary remembers the mutual agreement that we made in the beginning.

"Baby what you cooking? You need my help?" Romeo asked as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed on my neck.

"I'm fixing a meatloaf, Mac and cheese with broccoli flakes, mashed potatoes, green beans, and cornbread."

"Mmmmm hmmmmm that's what I'm talking about." He said as he dry humped me.

"Go away crazy." I laughed.

"Hey I'm about to go meet ole buddy so that I can re up. You know I can't be without."

"Are you good to drive?" I asked.

"I promise I am. I'm just going to the store where we usually meet up down the street."

"Okay be careful."

Romeo leaned in for a kiss. "Always. I love you."

"I love you."

Soon as Romeo left, I grabbed my phone.

I tried calling Gary again, and it was still going to the voicemail. He hadn't texted me back or anything.

I want to do the right thing, but the way he is going about this is all wrong. I don't think it's right or fair. He owes me a valid explanation.

I decided to send him another text.

Hey. I know you're out with your "girlfriend," however I feel we need to discuss some things when you get home. I'll leave it at that. Hopefully you agree to talk.
Sent.

Soon as I hit send, Romeo walked back in the house. "See, told you it wouldn't take me too long."

"Welcome back. Dinner is almost ready. I'm sure you're about to roll up two blunts. Soon as you are done, it'll be ready."

"Alright bet. Thank you." He said. "What's on your mind? I can tell."

I exhaled. "I'm still thinking about Gary and his girlfriend."

"Why tho? I get that it's wrong how Gary went about this, but I'm still here. I'm sitting here trying to make the weekend better for you and distract you. I can't do that, if you're constantly focused on what Gary is doing. I get it, you're hurt. You feel disrespected. I get it. But I'm here trying Starla Nicole. I'm here." Romeo fussed.

"I understand what you are saying, but you don't get what I am feeling. You don't have to worry about someone stepping out on you. I am fully committed to you and Gary. I don't have no other lovers. You say that you are committed to me, and don't have any other lovers. Gary, the one I have been with the longest, has another female. This hurts."

Romeo stood up. "My goal was to keep your mind off of Gary, but seems like he is all we have been talking about. I have done everything that I can. To me, I am starting to feel like you don't need me this weekend. I am going to my room. Thanks for dinner, but I no longer have an appetite. I will come out and eat when I feel like it. I just ask that you grant me space. In reality, you need your space. You need some alone time with your thoughts. Seems like you are forgetting your vows to me as well. Have a great night."

"Romeo. I'm sorry." I said with tears falling down my face.

He just shook his head and kept walking.

What did I do?